• Wynne
  • Customer reviews

on 18 September 2017
Great CD.
on 23 February 2014
this is a wonderful CD. I have played it and played it and never get fed up of listening to it, its wonderful.
on 21 October 2013
Wynne Evans' debut album was absolutely wonderful but this new one may have surpassed it. The arrangements and orchestrations are rich, powerful and perfectly suited to each piece. The range of music Wynne brings us is both surprising and a real testament to his astonishing voice, versatility and passion for singing. As always, his control is impeccable, with every note and word given life in his performances. Of course, Wynne has the power of the great operatic tenor he is, but equally he can sing with a delicacy that is exquisite - just listen to the gorgeous Welsh lullaby Suo Gan and you will see.
Whether it is the joy of The Impossible Dream, the longing in Myfanwy or the devotion in My Life Belongs To You, Wynne gives us a passionate performance from the soul. His rendition of Cancion Turqesa is absolutely heartbreaking.
There is something for every taste and every occasion in this album. Bravo!
on 21 August 2015
I have covered Wynne's first 2 albums together. They form a sort of double album, a summary of what Wynne can do, and clearly enjoys doing, with his exceptional voice.

And he sure can do a lot! Recent British tenors have found fame and fortune before they really did the hard slog that classical singers have to put in if they are to really develop from singers to artistes. No names, but the others are well below Wynne's standard, and they do seem to have already lost all ambition to work hard enough to equal the foreign competition.

I'm no fan of "light classics", but listening to Wynne get his mind, his voice and his breathing around even the least challenging numbers is a very pleasant experience. He brings those numbers up to his own standards, rather than lower his standards to fit the music. But when he does give us some of the great arias and some of the better traditional songs, he really does stand alongside anyone else I have heard.

Don't let us do the awful British thing of denigrating our own talent for not being foreign: Wynne will one day be held alongside Bryn Terfel, who also had to pay for not being foreign in the undisguised opinion of too many "critics". I want more Wynne, more arias, more great Welsh and English traditional songs, more of a man who brings temperament and gusto to the great art of being a tenor.

One request, Wynne, if ever you read this: Au Fond Du Temple Saint. with Bryn, even a complete Wynne and Bryn album? Please...
on 21 December 2013
When I heard the small clip on the radio I thought Wynne's voice was marvelous, and it is, but when I got the tape I was very dissappointed in the choice of music... a bit too sweet and sugary for a good tenor, a disjointed collection. I rather got the feeling that it was a mishmash to sell at Christmas. I feel the advertising and promotion by Classic FM "Disc Jockeys" was misleading, but "Hey Ho," they have a job to do, but I now have less confidence in their enthusiasm.
on 31 October 2013
Wow......this 'fella' can sing.

Never mind those insurance ads..........my 1st album 'Wynne', will not be my last album from Wynne Evans. Whilst he may not be a 'world class' opera singer, he is a 'world class' entertainer, with a lovely full sound to his voice. The album contains a mix of tracks, which suit him well, and his style reminds me of the like of David Whitfield/Harry Secombe/Mario Lanza.

Easy to listen to, and easy on the ear to enjoy.
on 20 November 2013
Wales is the land of song and Wynne Evans certainly lives up to this great tradition. He sings right in the middle of the note and the compact disc contains a treasure trove of beautiful music.

The cd is a delight to play from time to time and I would recommend it accordingly.
on 9 January 2014
Bought this for Christmas for my Dad. The front of the CD case had suffered an accident - in transit presumably. But I was able to do a quick swap with an old one so he could received a perfectly packaged present on Christmas Day. He loves it. Great selection of popular favourites.
on 17 November 2013
I was curious about Wynne Evans and bought the album to see what the real Wynne sounds like. I am not disappointed, he has a great voice and there's an excellent selection of songs. I recommend this album to all who enjoy the popular classics.
on 28 December 2013
The voice was pleasant enough, and the contents were acceptable. However the CD did not impress me to the extent that I had been expecting. I felt that the orchestral accompaniment let it down.