TOP 500 REVIEWERon 15 February 2015
An extended short story from the 'Prince's Series'. Coral - the princess of the title - appears in The Serpent Prince (a novel that I enjoyed very much). I liked this tale but was left thinking that there was a better story in there that did not emerge - everything developed rather too quickly and the whole premise was resolved disappointingly superficially.
on 30 September 2017
I owe this delightful little book so much! I am not going to leave a synopsis for you - there is no point - and I don't want to spoil your utter enjoyment of this lovely read! Suffice it to say, if you love the world of Jane Austen, Georgette Heyer et al, you will love this. Yes, of course, it is written with the modern reader in mind ..... But the modern reader who is a bit of a dreamer. This heart warming tale was my gateway to the wondrous world of a very talented writer - let it be your's!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 September 2014
far too short to have an interesting story, mainly centered on the love scenes or seduction scenes most of the time. I love this author usually but did not enjoy this e book at all.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 December 2014
I know I got this at a low price however when I got 60% through the book and realised it had ended I was rather disappointed. The story was lovely and I liked the characters but I did expect the story to be at least 90% of the book, not to have another books first 3-4 chapters stuck on the end!........a book I had already read.
on 19 August 2015
At first I was delighted with this story and thought the characters of Isaac and Coral very appealing and intriguing. It's a shame the story wasn't developed more since it had a lot of potential for the characters to be explored in more depth.

Unfortunately, I found the last chapter let the story down completely. It was all too rushed. I winced that luncheon was mentioned; a meal not coined until the early nineteenth century. Coral would have been going home for her dinner just after midday or one o'clock. I wondered about Isaac taking his wife to sea with him. He received orders which meant they must have come from the Admiralty and the Admiralty frowned on women sailing with their husbands since they weren't catered for in terms of food and water. But the rules were broken and this is what worried me. Would a dedicated captain such as Isaac, broken the rules? It did seem out of character with his strict disciplinarian attitude. I also raised my eyebrows that Coral was a prostitute for many years and although not taking any precautions, only falls pregnant once she is married. It seemed a little too convenient for me.

Of course these are only details that spoiled the story for me and probably other readers will not pick up on them. I did find it a shame because until the last chapter, I was well on the way to giving The Ice Princess four if not five stars.
on 22 November 2013
Elizabeth Hoyt is fast becoming one of my top romantic authors, lightly written with wit and humour very enjoyable. Have now read quite a few of her stories and keep looking for more.
on 15 September 2014
I have read most of Elizabeth Hoyt's books and have quite a few on Audio, too. I must have missed this before because I spotted it only yesterday and downloaded it immediately, after all, it was a reasonable price for a bite sized romance that I thoroughly enjoyed.

This book was cleverly done, as usual, titillating the senses as only she can; we all knew that Isaac would eventually find her and she deserved to be found and for them both to be happy. The story is a familiar theme to me but I enjoyed nevertheless because it had the sure touch of Ms Hoyt.
Edit:
For those of you who enjoyed this book, why not try 'FOR MY LADY'S PLEASURE' by ROBIN SCHONE, I love it!
on 2 November 2013
Always love Elizabeth Hoyt and have read most of her fantastic stories. Ladies amust read excellent in every word love it kindle
on 25 August 2014
Very good read would recommend it for a lazy day in .
on 28 April 2014
Extremely short story, only long enough for the two main characters to end up in bed a couple of times otherwise very little background etc. Quite disappointing.