on 10 February 2016
You know those TV shows where you shout at the screen because the characters are doing something really stupid?

Well, this is like that in book form. By the second or third time the main character does something ridiculously stupid to put himself in danger, it becomes a complete stretch of credibility for him to have survived the two post apocalyptic years before the story starts.

Such a shame, because it's well written otherwise, but I just couldn't stick with continually having my intelligence insulted for plot devices.
One person found this helpful
on 3 June 2014
Slow to start, this is an enthralling story of how one man in small town America comes to terms with the loss of friends and family as the Zombie type plague spreads across the world. Not an unusual scenario for this genre but this is very well told and I found myself living his experiences with him. I particularly like the way his relationships develop over the course of the novel and the positive ending. Highly recommended.
4 people found this helpful
on 29 December 2014
Great read. Finished this in 2 days over the Christmas holiday. I read a lot of post apocalyptic books and this is up there in the top 10 with "the Remaining". It's well written/described and allows you to see/feel the story cleary through Parkers eyes, there are some real elements of tension along with parts that give you a feel good factor, not often found in bleak genre like this! It reminds me of "The Wanderer" by David Anderson. Definitely worth a read if you enjoy this genre and its only 96p!
4 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
Really enjoyed this book. After reading a couple of zombie books over the last few months ,this was one of the only the few characters I didn't want to get bitten in the first few chapters .Well worth the few pence I paid for it .If you only read one zombie novel this year make it this one.
6 people found this helpful
on 10 September 2017
Nice story with likeable hero. Quickly read in one sitting. Hope there are some follow up books to read soon.
on 16 January 2015
Hooray for a zombie book that avoids the usual misogynist rubbish. The characters are three dimensional and interesting The plot is fast moving, avoiding the trap of creating a hero without fault, the author instead offers us a protagonist who has to struggle to overcome his own daemons, as well as those who now inhabit this post apocalyptic world.
2 people found this helpful
on 5 March 2014
Enjoyable read, thought provoking due to possible scenarios and proposed reasons for certain survivals. My only disappointment was with the ending, it seemed as though the writer was grasping for a rushed way out.
on 10 March 2014
I really enjoyed this post apocalyptic story. The pace is good and the character of parker is not your usual ex army gun toting bad ass but someone you can associate with. An enjoyable read.
on 8 June 2014
I really liked the stories main character. He seemed quite believable to me and made me wonder what I would do in a similar situation.
on 12 July 2015
Good, easy books to read. Only grumble is the author liked to use the word "such" alot. Other than that I would recommend this series of books. And will look out for more by this author.