on 4 April 2014
Been using it now since mid December last year. Seems to work effortlessly, set up was easy and it was competitively priced. If it is so again when the current subscription expires I'll certainly be buying it again.
on 10 December 2013
After using 'mainline' popular branded virus software, my husbands laptop still got attacked by a virus, which we had to have removed at the computer shop.They installed this on his machine and I have been very impressed by its performance . As there is an overlap in renewal times , I have actually downloaded the free 60 day trial and found this to be excellent. I have since brought this product which I intend to use on both machines when hubbys expires next month . It works quietly in the background and in fact my laptop boots up far quicker than when I used my old brand. It instantly stops access to sights with bad or no certification and does not slow my machine down , I am glad I changed to this brand it does what it says without fuss.
on 6 October 2014
This is a living nightmare.
It will stop dead all peer to peer sharing it constantly drains the system memory and I have 8 gig in my system.
The program is memory hungry.
This is ok to stop kids going to web sites that are seedy and undesirable.
this is now uninstalled from my pc a waist of good money but for any parent wanting a security sweet to block kids from internet sites its a brilliant piece of programing.
on 29 December 2014
Downloaded it but within 2 months message came up saying I had 5 days left. Had a hell of a job to convince Bullguard that this was not correct. Also daughter in law put it on her computer and the same thing happened to her. She went out and bought a new security as could not do anything with Bullguard
on 18 April 2014
Used BullGuard for many years prior to getting a new Windows 8 driven system which came with an alternative pre-installed (M*****) security package. Enjoyed BullGuard when we had it as it was very user friendly and the support was always excellent. One year on, time to change back to BullGuard after reading the positive reviews, except for one -there's always one disappointed customer - which I ignored, and after seeing the cost of renewing the pre-installed package. Bought from Amazon to save half the price! Arrived in the usual efficient Amazon fashion but from then on it was downhill! Would not install fully after a couple of attempts. Some items not showing but basic security up and running, until I fired up the system again later and found that it was not apparently working! Panic attack! No security in place! Although a friend just told me that W8 does not need any additional security - need to research?. Due to disappointment with the new format of the BullGuard program, which seemed less user friendly than I remembered - (see other negative review) - decided to take immediate action and quickly uninstalled the program to get something else into the system. Found a free trial of AVG on the Internet which was very quickly, smoothly and fully installed with no trouble. Sighs of relief! Secure for the moment! Message to BullGuard Support sent to enquire if this reduced priced program was a full one. BullGuard soon replied in their usual very efficient and comprehensive way to inform me that I needed to change some Internet Explorer settings in order to get their program to install fully. Confusion! The free trial program slipped in (on) like a silk glove without any problems or necessary adjustments to other items in our system! Also, the new program was very user friendly and I felt that I was in control of its many functions. Executive decision to ditch the BullGuard and cancel my installation/subscription which BullGuard accepted. Thankful that I did not spend double the money on getting it! Can't think why there should be all this trouble when all the other reviews I found, bar one, are so positive. It must be an age(OAP) thing with me...?...! Oh yes, new All-in-one printer scanning operation messed up after trying the BullGuard installation....a coincidence perhaps? Will probably update the new security program to a full one in the near future. Anyone need a redundant Bullguard, if it can still be used?! Off to the charity shop for someone to try it out! Amazon support were also quick to acknowledge my problem and I kept them up to date with my actions. No wonder we keep using Amazon! They are so good!
on 13 January 2016
Arrived super quick. Tried to install it from the CD. kept coming up with error messages ,went on live chat the second person gave me direction as what to do, which worked ! but without there help I would never have sorted it and I am not computer illiterarte . somewhat frustrating as I was hoping for a simple installation . Lets hope it performs better than the installation process
on 27 May 2014
Seems good, and I like the idea of constant 'real time' protection, which should eliminate the need for most manually initiated scans, but installing it caused my PC to crash, displaying a BSOD critical error message, every time I tried to open AOL software.
Bullguard's support team were helpful enough, until asking me to send them a file I'd already sent them.
I've given up on Bullguard, but clearly this is an unusual issue which will not affect the vast majority of its users.
Update - I still have Bullguard on my laptop, but don't like that, after turning it on, it takes a minute or two for the firewall to start working. So I think I'll revert to Norton on that too.
on 17 January 2014
I have used Bullguard for some years now and find this is the standard others aspire to! I have 2 computers, desktop and laptop, and both are covered also the third user is on my sons computer. Since last year the interface has changed and very intuitive.
An all round winner.
on 29 March 2015
This in my opinion is the best internet security for your laptop, pc etc, I always have this installed on my gadgets bullguard were offering me 30% discount to renew direct with them, however Amazon were cheaper so I purchased this through Amazon, comes in a small handy box with a cd and instructions. You can either load the cd or go direct to bullguard and enter the code key and it is a very simple process.
on 6 July 2014
after hours of talking to bullguard advisors on installation, no end of touble, finally installed. used once to scan files and after this my computer speed went down to running slower than ever. i could not wait to uninstall it, which took forever due to speed of my pc. once uninstalled my pc went back to normal running. i would not recomend this antivirus to anybody after my experience.