Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 June 2015
Love all thier albums. Can't say anymore than that. Not thier strongest mind but worth buying.
on 7 May 2014
its the best album they have made so far, i think there is one track on album which is just OK
on 10 September 2014
Superb. Have not stopped listening to it since it arrived. The music and lyrics are beautiful.
VINE VOICEon 11 March 2014
I remember the day The Seldom Seen Kid came out. I had only just realised what a masterpiece Leaders of the Free World was, and was incredibly excited to get the follow up. Surprisingly I loved SSK straight away since the three before it had all taken a bit of time to appreciate.

With Build a Rocket, the wheels came off. It was lightweight and dull (3 or 4 tracks aside), and I have never really given it much time. However, for the 3 days I've had this it has been compulsive listening. It is a throwback to the first two albums. Subtle moods, proggy key changes. What is better: the lyrics. As a boozy poet Guy matures with age.

The high lights come early for me, Blue World, Charge , and Fly Boy Blue/Lynette are peerless. The sound is warm, inviting and soothing. The songs fill the speakers, but never sound huge. Always intimate.

At 58 minutes long, these 10 songs are given time to breathe and develop, there are no two minute pop thrills here. So take your time and luxuriate in this wonderful album. Too early to say where it ranks, but it's a whole lot better than Build A Rocket.
on 12 April 2014
Was Amazing. Not been off my cd player since I got it. Could join in when I saw them live.
on 17 March 2014
Elbow quality as usual, they just keep getting better. I love the realness of their words, not like some bands fanciful rubbish
on 3 July 2014
I like it because I love Elbow. Not quite up to their previous albums ( I have them all )
on 26 October 2014
Not my favourite album, but Elbow always do things differently. Thats part of the appeal
on 24 September 2014
Brilliant, even better than I imagined! Cant stop listening to it, every track a winner.
on 5 November 2014
Not the greatest Elbow album but has 2 or 3 tracks that I have kept playing repeatedly.