on 6 November 2015
OH YEAH! Now this is what I've been looking for! Spectacular blu-ray authoring, and fully, brutally UNCUT! Can't find that in the U.S. This is my favorite purchase all year. Please seek this version out if you have a very strong stomach and sadistic curiosity. This movie truly delivers the nasty goods. The inclusion of a CD soundtrack is a very cool bonus. Overseas ordering rules!! VUKMIR!
on 24 September 2015
A film that certainly isn't for the faint of heart but from a cinematic stand point, it's great. It's well shot, well acted, well written, I'd say it's best to watch it when you are in a really good mood.
The only reason I'm giving 4 stars is that my copy didn't arrive sealed, even though I'm pretty sure I ordered "New", not "Used"
on 19 November 2010
I would like to share the optimism of the others but it is simply impossible that the original uncut version would find its way to BD anywhere in Europe, especially not in England. Even so, don't be sorry for that unless you are truly deranged because, let the shock alone, this is the sickest piece of film ever produced. And I mean ever! Unless I missed something during my lifetime.
33 Comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 December 2010
Don't be put off by claims of this films purported shock factor in terms of violence and graphic content; this is a film that accurately depicts a Serbia that has seen so much war, tragedy and loss. Strong performances all round add to a convincing directorial debut. I didn't know much about the history of Serbia before I watched this, but that didn't detract from my experience of watching this film. Harrowing and moving, I would definitely recommend this eye-opening film.
on 5 November 2011
This movie is great, really messed up and graphic but
there is a plot and i fully understand what the director was trying to do.
Im not from serbia but i get what goas on there, and yes this movie is well made
and it is a very good way off showing people what goas on in life.
give it a watch.
on 13 March 2012
A Serbian film does indeed push the boundries of cinema, some scenes to many may be un watchable. as i have only watched the cut version (as the uncut is hard to get hold of and lacks english subs) i cant comment on what others have viewed. however to me this is a must see, a beautifully directed work of art, the acting is actually temendous. the child rape to me possibly went abit far and maybe wasnt nessercary, but i doubt it would have had as much impact if the director cut that scene. if your into sick twisted european (hollywood cant make horrors for poo) films then buy this film! just dont let your children get a hold of it.
on 17 December 2012
Another one of those films that would usually slip under the radar, a very testing watch that doesn't hold back on the dark violence used to tell the story. An interesting film but not for the faint hearted... this one will stick with you for a while!
on 21 February 2015
a truly disturbing art film,
if you look at the message you see what a masterpiece this is
on 6 August 2015