3,206

Excellent read
on 5 September 2014
Uplifting read
on 18 January 2014
Ahh the long awaited return of Bridget. I was apprehensive about reading this after some really negative reviews. Ok, so this isn't as funny or as engaging as the first two books, but you still enjoy catching up with the trials and tribulations and Bridget. The book is an easy read and I was dying to know what had happened to Mark. Will be interested in how it translates into film but worth reading.
on 31 December 2013
Having read some more negative reviews, I was on the fence about finishing off the series, but I'm so glad I went for it. Combined with the trials and tribulations of being a single mother, the character of Bridget was changed very little; of which I was glad. I found myself choked up at several points; the tone is like a rollercoaster. Five stars to this brilliant novel that I couldn't put down!
on 10 November 2013
I was a little worried that I wouldn't "get into" this book as I am not a big reader and it has been so long, plus two movies, since the edge of reason......however I soon got back into it and was quite pleased that I am still in my forties and Bridget is in her fifties as opposed to us both being in our thirties in previous books. Great reading and a little sad that I have come to the end. :-(
on 11 January 2014
A good read and great to see she hasn't lost her sense of humour as she has got older. Did feel, however, she was quite neglectful of her children and her responsibilities. Rather than enjoying life with them more worried about men and sex perhaps??
Would have also been good to know the married life of Mark and Bridget and involve the tragedy in this story.
Nevertheless did enjoy it.
on 6 December 2013
It's pretty much out there about Bridget's Mark Darcy and for the author to do this is brave but on reading it made the book brilliant. The book still has Bridget stumbling through life but her backup characters are all wonderful and her antics are funny. What makes the book so good though is the description of all the feelings she has when tackling widowhood, single motherhood and cougarhood!
on 17 February 2014
Exactly what you'd expect from Bridget - if you read the first two. Having aged at roughly the same rate as her, I found that there was something on every page at which I thought "yes, that's me!" I literally couldn't put it down and my only gripe was that I finished it too quickly! Recommended - especially for forty-somethings (or 30 somethings if you want to know what lies ahead!)
on 1 February 2014
I have been waiting for this book for a long time and, while I didn't feel it was as good as the original books, I still found myself reading obsessively and looking forward to the next part. There NEEDS to be some kind of wild twist to counteract the twist from THIS book though. I won't mention it incase someone who lives under a rock wants to read it.. but.. we need something changed!!!!
on 6 November 2013
Having read previous Bridget Jones's previous sagas I was eager to catch up with her and discover what she's been up to more recently. I gave the book a four star rating as I was a little disappointed at first, feeling I could not relate to it as I had in the past. Too much tweeting but, having persisted, I started to enjoy the book the more I read on and I felt it did have a good ending.