• Time

Time
Format: Audio CD|Change
Price:£8.48+ £1.26 shipping

on 20 January 2014
I bought Time for a Christmas present and it was the perfect present. Love it. It is played every day.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 14 November 2015
As a longtime fan of Rod's songwriting I was really pleased that with 'Time' he has come back to writing again and I gave the original album four stars. However, the flip side of that is that Rod is also a very good interpreter of other peoples' songs and this "deluxe' version of the album includes another six studio songs, PLUS live versions of songs from 'Time', as well as a nice version of "You Wear it Well".

I particularly liked the additional, very varied studio tracks which I think were equally as good if not better than most of the songs on the original album. We start with a lovely, restrained semi-acoustic version of the (traditional?) song "Corina, Corina" - which could have come from Rod's first solo album (with some really nice harmonica). Next is "Legless" a song that reminded me of Rod's time in the Faces, with added funky brass, followed by a beautiful orchestral version of "Love Has No Pride" by Eric Kaz and Libby Titus, as also covered by Bonnie Raitt and Linda Rondstadt. Next up is a dramatic reading of Bert Burns' "Here Comes the Night" first done by Van Morrison and Them and then a return to one of Rod's (and my) favourite songwriters Tom Waits with a version of his "Cold Water", which as usual Rod manages to keep the essence of but to make more accessible. Finally its a raw, rocking version of Elmore James' blues classic "Shale Your Money Maker" taken at breakneck pace with Rod's throaty soulful vocals competing with the up-front harmonica and slide guitar - FABULOUS - the best thing I've heard Rod do since the 70s. Even if you've got the original album you've GOT to hear these extra six tracks which are a perfect representation of Rod the song interpreter, from blues to ballads, from a whisper to a scream.
on 22 June 2014
We was lucky to win FREE tickets to see Rod @ Birmingham NEC 2013

We went with a smile and was AMAZED at how good the concert was, I had grown up during the 70-80's when Rod was a bit of a backwater to avoid!
Now nostalgia rocks!

Excellent album - even better when amazon dropped the price to £7.99, with FREE MP3 tracks
perhaps now cheaper or dearer

Just BUY it, and ENJOY IT!
on 16 December 2013
Buy it if your thinking about it you won't be at all disappointed it's excellent quality add it to your collection
on 4 March 2017
Superb album a must in your collection. Just brilliant
on 11 March 2014
I am an old fan of Rod Stewarts and this cd is great, cannot stop playing it, just love it......................
on 22 December 2013
With so many songs on this album, whatever your taste in Rod's music, you can't go wrong with this one.
on 4 August 2014
Glad I waited for this edition rather than buying when it first came out. This is Rod back to his best...yes there was a place for the Great American Songbook but four editions...really! This is back to the classic song writing and tunes we love. Of course the bonus is the extra disc with the live tracks. An essential purchase for any Rod fan.
on 27 February 2014
ALL THE TRACKS ARE SOOO GOOD - I WAS TOLD IT WENT TO NUMBER ONE AND CAN SEE WHY!
PLAY IT ALL THE TIME IN THE CAR. A REALLY GOOD MIX OF TYPES OF MUSIC FROM HIM. WELL DONE ROD!
on 3 December 2013
As most reviewers have said this is a great album and a real return to form after some dodgy material BUT this version really takes the p*** out of loyal fans who bought the album when it first came out.I paid £15 for the deluxe version on the day of release (now on Amazon for £3.94)with three bonus tracks compared to the standard version but now this version adds a further three bonus tracks and eleven live tracks and it's only two thirds of what I paid (i.e £9.99)

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised but I am very annoyed that I'm expected to pay another £10 for the additional tracks and it is disappointing that these couldn't have been made available on an ep- as it is the only beneficiaries are non fans so thank you very much Mr Stewart haven't you got enough cash already? - I won't blame the marketing department entirely because he must have some say in such decisions.

What about allowing the 'true fans' to return their deluxe copy and giving them the 'new deluxe version' and a £5 refund - I don't think so, and where are you in this Amazon? shouldn't you try to ensure that customers get reasonable value for money??- not the first time this has happened either.
1111 Comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse