on 2 November 2013
I watched Andrea on her journey through The Voice from audition to final and voted every episode so I guess it was a foregone conclusion I would continue by purchasing her debut album. I am not disappointed. The 'different' rendition of well-known songs such as "Take on Me" & "Love Will Tear Us Apart" were a pleasant surprise. And for the first time I could clearly hear all the lyrics!! What I liked about her performances on The Voice was that she could sing with strength without resorting to the 'shouting/screeching' adopted by some of the other contestants and the songs on this album are the same. Andrea reaches the high notes & produces the volume with ease. All in all a very pleasant album, a nice mix of known & original songs.
on 22 November 2017
The girl from The Voice certainly has a voice and the choice of songs provides a tuneful 40 minutes. I bought it for the ballad version of Aha's Take on Me which is the soundtrack to the fake 2017 John Lewis Christmas ad. Worth a look on YouTube if you've missed it. Songs like The Message and Love will Tear us Apart suit her clear, haunting tones but she does a decent job with Breakfast at Tiffany's as well. A personal favourite is Falling Slowly from the film Once - you know, the Irish movie with the girl pulling a hoover along the street behind her! There's songs that don't add anything to previous versions - Dancing in the Dark isn't terrible but what was the point? My advice? Listen to the 30 second snippets a couple of times and you'll get a feel. Then either buy the track you like or take a punt on a reasonably priced second hand copy.
on 14 August 2017
Good.
on 29 December 2013
I've been waiting to hear something from this talented young woman. Every bit as good as expected because her voice is so pure and it touches my soul each time I hear her sing.
on 5 October 2017
its fine
on 21 October 2013
What I like most is that Andrea not only sings but writes (some of) her songs at the same time. Now that takes some real talent to achieve! Being able to listen the album using the Cloud Player is definitely a plus allowing to enjoy it at any moment. Overall it makes me secretly smile and would strongly recommend buying it.
on 22 October 2013
I liked Andrea in The Voice (BBC talent show) and was happy she had an album out so soon, mostly covers (for speed of release I guess) which is a shame as she is a talented writer too. The songs sound slightly more 'polished' than I'd like but you can't fault her pretty lilting voice. Happy to listen to this over and over again
on 25 October 2013
I have been waiting for this since I heard Andrea Begley on the voice and I am not disappointed, beautiful cd. I just love Andrea's voice she has the voice of an angel. Please make more music Andrea and consider including your cover of Songbird.
on 25 October 2013
Nice clear voice, really relaxing. With a different take on some classic songs. A pleasure just to sit and listen to.
on 21 October 2013
Beautiful voice and a great feel good album. Loved her on The Voice and glad she hasn't waited a year to be forgotten like the last winner. Fingers crossed she has great success, either way she should be proud of this album.