on 14 January 2014
As a follow on from the first book I enjoyed it as much, but felt that the whole surrounding story could have been expanded upon. Where did Meg end up? Scant mention of parents or other workshop colleagues. To me, a neat story line that could have had more advantage taken of it. Saying that, no messing around, the author got on with the story, and completed it competently.
on 31 December 2013
I already read Firmware, the 1st part, and was very disappointed with Malware. The character development was lacking and the plot seemed far fetched and borderline ridiculous (read it and you'll see what I mean)

The 1st part was great but this just didn't have a good enough feel to it. It does deserve two stars because it has been written well but the book - as a whole - lacks depth, consistency, plot substance and proper character development.
on 29 December 2014
The pace of the book was quite fast. I don't normally like reading Sci-fi, but I was captured by the fast action. There seems to be a lot about Zombies and vampires these days,which is not my bag. Also the descriptions of people and there feelings was scant. But I think that if you are jumping from body to body, then you are going to be quite emotional probably quite emotional about it and anxious about your own body.
on 14 February 2017
Predictable story line. More grammatical errors than I'd like to see in a published work.
I have read the 1st book in the series.
on 4 November 2013
I'm an IT Manager - and a programmer - Although this was a bit far out there - it's a book - and a good read at that!

I really enjoyed this as well as the 1st book (Firmware).

Looking forward to reading more from Mr Sweeney!
on 10 March 2014
I liked the London settings a lot, which is the main reason I got it.
The plot starts out fairly well but when they start backing each other's brain states up using their mobiles...well, y'know...anybody studying physics here?
But enjoyable.
One person found this helpful
on 3 August 2015
As an electronic engineer I sometimes find these types of stories hard going; however Firmware and Malware are two great books. Read them and be frightened of the inevitable human upgrades.
on 4 June 2015
Good Read
on 15 November 2013
Just finished both Firmware and this book Malware which is the second part of the series, fast paced and fantastic concepts with good plot and characters in a near future world...almost scary in that you can picture this actually happening.
on 29 August 2014
Nice quick easy read. Good follow on from firmware. Nice ending, tying enough up but leaving it open for another book?!