Customer reviews

Price:£7.99

on 14 May 2017
Good buy and quality
on 5 March 2014
The previous Album was terrific but unfortunately this album just went on and on not going anywhere. It maybe a slow burner but I will listen to it again to see if I have missed out on anything.
on 17 June 2016
Quite liked this but need to listen more than once
on 15 June 2015
Great job. Many thanks.
on 29 December 2014
A really good cd
on 12 December 2013
Saw Anna Calvi on Jools Holland and do not regret buying this CD! This is a great new addition to my collection.
on 16 December 2014
the dogs
on 4 December 2013
For me this is better than her debut album. More edge. Great vocals again. Getting a lot of play just now.
on 19 October 2013
i've been anticipating the release of this for over a year now. anna's self titled first album was pretty much the album of the year for me last year. i barely had it off rotation, and when i did, it was primarily for artists i already knew and was already in love with.

when you have so much expectation placed on something that might not have even been completed yet (or in the case of 'one breath', being created at the time) because human expectation has a habit of ruining things for many of us. still, we do it and in doing so, take away the enjoyment of new things that stand alone and separate from what we already love.

'one breath' holds up. it's an entirely different and new experience. even though it's only her second album, anna calvi has a sound that is purely her own. with so much music around these days (something that should never end) it's difficult to carve an identity. the track listing reads like a book, the music and lyrics both take you on a journey whether you close your eyes or not, but the tracks stand alone on their own too.

great piece of art.
4 people found this helpful
on 3 February 2014
Anna Calvi has only recently landed on my radar but I can't believe I missed her first time around. I'm off to see her at Manchester's Albert Hall on the 6th Feb and I've heard her live show is better than her recorded one - if that's true, I'm in for a real delight.

It's hard to place Anna Calvi into a specific genre but that's the beauty of creating music from the heart. It's a little bit experimental, a little bit Western Film soundtrack, all glued into place by a really very good voice.

It's relaxing, provocative and heavenly all in one shot. One Breath is like watching a masteress at work, a real delight to be part of an amazing journey. Can't wait for the live show!!!
One person found this helpful
|33 Comments|Report abuse