on 13 December 2013
I think by now people have got the message that this is nt the best of the Crossroads concerts by some margin but I put that partly down to the others being open-air gigs which give a better atmosphere and the changing light make them much more photogenic. Also this one seems a bit more corporate and the artists seem some how restained in some cases. As already mentioned this DVD is certainly not as crisp as previous concerts and in particular the 2007 event. Sound quality seems a bit dull on some tracks.

But hell lets not compare too much with the others because over-all I am pleased to see a better mix of artists than 2011 which had the old timers doing their stuff but quite frankly some of them were on their last legs( literally )Welcome new acts to 2013 are Keith Urban, who does two great covers, Allman Brothers, Gary Clarke, Beth Hart and a great appearance by Keith, who looks to be enjoying himself ! Nice to see Andy Fairweather Low back doing some tasteful acoustic numbers wth EC.

Although there are less stand-out moments than previous concerts there are still a few great bits including John Mayer doing a cover of "Dont Let me Down", Allman's "Whipping Post" is pure class so is Gregg's, "Midnight Rider" -Jeff Beck, Derek Trucks, Keb Mo and Sonny landreth all put in good performances.

This is a great stocking filler for anyone who likes nostalgic guitar rock and if it was nt compared with the previous 3 concerts would stand out as being a great DVD and certainly worth 4 stars:
on 2 October 2014
A disappointment after the previous crossroads concerts. Having it indoors took much of the atmosphere away for me and I have to say that I got bored with some of the tracks. A few pearls but could have been so much better.

New review after playing it again:

Listening to Doyle Bramhall II playing his own song 'Cry' at Madison Square Gardens back in 2013. His backing singer was a lady called Alice Smith. She looks like Queen Nefertiti with gorgeous skin, bee stung lips and the voice of an angel. A goddess come to earth to torment we poor mortals and I could only shake my head in awe as her voice climbed faultlessly through the registers until she reached the top note and held it flawlessly. Spellbinding stuff. Going to hunt out some more of this wondrous voice.
on 13 January 2014
Echoing what some of the others have said- not the best of the series but still a lot of great performances to be seen.

Drops a star though as there's really no excuse for the grainy picture quality in 2013, especially given the size and budget of the event. A gig like this (especially with a pre planed dvd/blu-ray) should be filmed and produced with top quality equipment that can deal with the low lighting levels. Sections of this end up looking like a pub gig filmed on an iphone!
on 6 January 2014
As a massive Clapton/guitar fan I was waiting for this release as I ave the previous dvd's. I was not dissapointed. This is the best yet.
Clapton is playing at his relaxed best with the greatest line up from the guitar world. Some old friends show up as well as new players. Andy Fairweather Low is superb as is Buddy Guys set. Taj Mahal and Keb Mo play great dobro blues.
If you like guitar playing at its best buy this on DVD or blu ray,you'll not be dissapointed.
on 17 September 2014
being along time fan, of cause i recommend you buy both the d.v.d, and c.d.

the c.d. for the car, and the d.v.d. to watch.. this is by far the best crossroads festival yet.

i can say this honestly because of having them all in my collection.

so go out and buy, buy, buy.

ted turner.
on 13 March 2015
I found this DVD excellent. Can't understand why some reviewers marked it down? Maybe as I play Guitar I see it from a different perspective but I think it's Brilliant, Moving in places and well worth getting. Thank you again Eric.
on 7 March 2014
I read the reviews before buying this, the fourth festival, and was a bit apprehensive. I should have known better, it's fantastic. Maybe the sound quality isn't the best on some tracks, but at least they've been left the way they were recorded. Through a good set of 5.1's this is a great concert.
on 27 December 2013
I bought the blu ray for my husband for Christmas, and we have just discovered that the picture quality isn't great. The picture has a constant flickering, fluctuates between being a sharp image and a grainy one and there is a weird checked image that keeps appearing.
Such a shame as the music is fantastic, but this should not be sold as a blu ray, because for the most part it most definitely is not. Who'd have thought we'd still be watching images with the picture quality of a VHS in this day and age........
on 17 April 2014
You know what your going to get. Brilliant music, from the worlds best guitar players. Blues, jazz, rock, Clapton gathers the cream of the crop for yet another spectacular crossroads Festival. Buy and enjoy
on 13 April 2014
Only discovered this recently. Previewed on YouTube and decided to buy. I reckon Eric is playing better on this DVD/concert than at some other times in the recent past. Good to hear this and also to see him playing with other players outside of his usual genres which we are familiar with. I keep coming back to this DVD just because it has a different ambience, must be the New York location, but also the introduction of some new faces has not been detrimental.