Customer reviews

Style: CFR1 USB 3.0/UDMA 7 CompactFlash Card Reader|Change
Price:£23.80 - £104.68

on 10 August 2017
Having got sick of plugging in and unplugging my regular USB2 card reader I decided it was time to go for something installed permanently and faster.

I looked at a couple of different USB3 Card Readers and decided on the Lexar Prof. Workflow system because it wouldn't create a rats nest of cables on my desk but would still give me several options for media.

I decided to go for the 4-bay USB3 hub, the three card Micro SD card reader (I've several devices that use Micro SD), SD card reader (a couple of video cameras that use SDXC), 2 port USB3 hub (I now don't have to fiddle around at the back of the computer to pop in a USB3 device) and a 256GB SSD hard drive (I had a spare slot and this was £23 so I couldn't pass it up)

Copying files across to the computer from the cards zips along now - far better than the USB2 from my old card reader of direct from cmera. Being able to copy across from 3 Micro SD and 2 SDXC cards at the same time (with a USB3 SDXC reader plugged into the 2 port USB3 hub slot) is far more convenient that one after the other and still completes alot faster than USB2.

I've been using this system on Linux Mint and Windows 10 and it's working fine on both systems.
on 21 February 2016
Bought this so i didn't have to keep lugging my DSLR up-to my laptop so now its open up the door get the cf card and plug in. Transfer rate is fast maybe because i bought a Lexar cf card but i'm not that sad to say what amount of seconds it took but it was quick with RAW images.
Like the blue light touch letting you know its working, a good light weight piece of kit that quickens my photo work flow just that little bit more
Bye
on 22 March 2017
It works well and is very fast.
One day it stopped working completely but It was quickly replaced by the seller. I've had the replacement unit for over a year now without any problems.
on 19 August 2017
Perfect ! Thanks.
on 24 March 2016
Superb card ready, really well built and very reliable. Well worth the money and easily the best SD card reader I've owned.
on 16 May 2017
Bought 3 x CF readers and 1 x SD, sadly the SD reader stopped working and was always a bit temperamental CF readers are fine
on 15 August 2015
I haven't had time to get in touch with the seller. But mine stopped working after a month. Waste of money.
on 4 July 2014
Brilliant. I have been waiting for this for years. Now I can import four cards at once into lightroom (it does them sequentially) and being usb 3 it is very fast (the bottleneck is the card's speed). Highly recommended for working pros.
on 25 May 2014
I've been putting off buying a decent CF reader and relying a failing old one until I read reviews of this new Lexar Workflow system. It's brilliantly designed and transfers files incredibly quickly so I'm delighted! I'll be buying the rest of the Workflow system now to replace old readers.
on 18 August 2014
Bought this after getting the sd version and realised how slow my original cf reader was by comparison. Next addition will be hub I suspect. Works standalone on both mac running mountain lion and PC running windows 7 with Lightroom 5.