Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 6 May 2017
Very satisfied by this CD. Very good condition and I received it very fastly. I will order again without any hesitation.
on 30 September 2015
great band really good album
VINE VOICEon 7 October 2013
5 years on from Here We Stand and their new album We Need Medicine sounds familiar. It's not their best work in my opinion, but it is a good album.

For the most part music taste is subjective but here's my break down...

On first listen, the album lacked that particular Fratellis rocking-happy-jump-around-yet-poignant sound and came across as rather formulaic and uninspired. I LOVED the band when I discovered them and LOVED Costello Music and Here We Stand with the later still on high rotation for me. Unfortunately with We Need Medicine it didn't work for me.

That was until I played it again.

Halloween Blues is a cool introduction to the album and one of the highlights of the album for me. This Old Ghost Town follows up with a similar tempo and both the first two songs come in with that certain style that fans of the Fratellis will be familiar with and love. She's Not Gone Yet But She's Leaving is a pretty good easy going track. Seven Nights Seven Days again is familiar ground. Shotgun Shoes sounds like a bit of album filler. Whisky Saga is reminiscent of early Fratellis and a great rocking track. This is Not the End of the World is a good piano heavy song. Jeannie Nitro is an unusual sound and one of the better songs on the album. The title track We Need Medicine is the anthem of the album and a great one at that. Rock N Roll Will Break Your Heart is much more slowly paced and interesting. Lastly, Until She Saves My Soul is a nice song to end the album on.

The album is growing on me the more I listen to it. Certainly it isn't Costello Music (a good thing given it's over 7 years old) nor is it Here We Stand. It's an album in it's own right, more an evolved sound and continuation of the bands last album with some fantastic rock-along tracks and real belters. A decent solid third album by this great band.

I was disappointed with the album on first listen but having gone back to Here We Stand and then immediately onto this album the flow is brilliant. Having listened through 10's of times now it's growing on me more and more.

Highly recommended if you dig The Fratellis or even if you don't!
on 5 January 2014
Thought their first 2 albums were brilliant. After a long silence without releasing anything I was worried they'd run out of ideas and the next one might be a disappointment.... but definitely not!! Same creative powerful catchy sound as ever :-D I think it's difficult for bands to keep up that kind of momentum and keep producing new consistently good stuff so congrats Fratellis on another brilliant release. Absolutely excellent.
on 3 May 2016
This is album number two for me out of the three that I have from The Fratellis
Some great music not to be missed out on. Buy it and swing along with the flow
of some great tunes that you are sure to enjoy any time of the day
If you don't like it then... I am sure there's a asylum close by some were...
if you need any medicine's

Five Gold Stars for music content just fab... but not sure about the folding cardboard sleeve
Art work is ok fab , but I prefer a jewel case for CD's
from
SATAN
review image review image
on 20 November 2015
I have come to the Fratellis party a little late. I've had Costello Music for several years now and it's a firm favourite, but it was only lately that I realised they'd released a couple more albums. For me, Here We Stand was good, but not as good as CM. We Need Medicine is a definite return to form. It's crammed full of the same sharp lyrics, catchy tunes and excellent harmonics that made CM so irresistible. You just can't help but tap your foot and (when I'm alone in the car) sing along at the top of your voice. Highly recommended.
on 14 October 2013
It's been four years since their last album, 'Here We Stand', so it's great to have the Fratellis back with an new album that is easily as good as their first two records.

There is definitely more of a country and blues influence on this album and some experimentation with different instruments - there is some pedal steel guitar on the final track, and several other tracks feature a brass section, one even has a saxophone solo that put me in mind of Wizzard!! Despite this, it's still a very recognisable 'Fratellis'-sounding record.

A lot of the songs sounded instantly familiar to me - whether this is because they've written great tunes, or have ripped off other great tunes, I'm not sure as I've only listened to it once, but it's definitely a great album, worth a tenner of anybody's gold!!
on 13 December 2013
They don't change, the write good melodic pop songs and they do it very well indeed. i always liek lsitening fo rthe interplay of melody and lyrics and these are here in abundance.
on 21 February 2017
This is my favourite Fratellis album so I'm biased, but in my opinion this album was made for vinyl. It sounds even better on vinyl than it does on cd, it's wonderful.
on 24 February 2015
I didn't think they would ever top 'Costello Music' but with this album I think they have, No fillers here just brilliant catchy tunes! Can't wait for next album now!