on 13 October 2016
Bought this after looking at several covers but was hesitant as the corner grips seemed small and I wondered if they would hold my 8" tab securely. Needn't have worried,  I put my tab in upside down by mistake then had trouble getting it out again as it was held so securely.

This cover has a brand name on the front but unlike several others it is more discreet and not splashed all over the cover.

I see some reviewers have quality concerns and I will come back and update this review if the cover doesn't last but, for now, it gets 5*.
One person found this helpful
on 8 December 2013
I purchased this for my recently acquired Note 10.1 2014 edition.

Overall I am pleased with the cover. The pictures represent how it can be used in landscape mode, although you will find that when trying to use it in productivity mode, i.e. at its lowest angle it can sometimes fall down as there is no magnet to hold it in place when unlike the other landscape mode (which is the best for this cover). Portrait mode is pretty much non-existent if you want to use the tablet (you can get it to stand up straight with the cover though).

All of the holes are where they should be although you may find it difficult to charge whilst using it (depending on which angle you are using).

For the money, I'm very pleased with this tablet and I certainly couldn't justify spending another £40 on the Samsung book cover (at the time of writing this review).

My overall impression is that it is a very good case and you probably wont find better for the money so just go for it.
on 11 February 2016
This case fits the Tab A 9.7 perfectly and allows access to all sockets and the Pen, it does not switch the Tab off on closing, or on on opening, which the one on my Note 10.1 does however I think this is the Tab design rather than the case, I shall be keeping an eye on the magnets inset in the side of the case as both of these have dropped out of my previous IVSO 10.1 purchase amazingly though it still seems to work ok without them, just not shutting as firmly as it did.

Good protection at a reasonable price ..
on 31 December 2015
Great cover. Perfect fit for the intended tablet. Versatile, as I can view the tablet easily by supporting it angled on my desk and thin enough not to be awkward to hold with both hands and type. Tablet turns on when the cover opens and off when closing.
Best feature is how thin it is while being robust enough to provide protection against drops and impact, not to mention it is a fraction of the cost of many similar covers.
One person found this helpful
on 15 January 2017
For the price I think this is a good product. It does what it is supposed to do at a bargain price, so there is little if any room for complaint. I would however say that the materials and manufacturing reflect the cheap price. Unfortunately this case feels cheap and plasticky compared to the build quality of the Samsung Tab S2, which is a shame. But... for the price, you can't really complain!
on 9 May 2018
Could never get the magnetic feature to work and then one of the corners broke, damaging my tablet in the process. Consequently got the Fintie version which is better in every way and works magnetically with my tab.
on 17 December 2013
I read a few reviews on here and a couple of people say the case doesn't fit and covers up the power button. I nearly didn't buy the case because of this. HOWEVER, unbelievably, the people saying this have put the tablet in the case the wrong way round and have not had the brains to try it the other way!! How we laughed.
As for the case, it's about a tenner. It's a bargain for that. It switches your Tablet on and off when you open/close the front, it protects the screen when not in use and you can fold the front cover to make it into a stand. Some people say it's too flimsy, some that it's too heavy and sturdy. I think it's about right.
on 27 December 2014
I've had my note for a while and the case has done an adequate job. I do wish it was able to stand the pad stably in portrait positron though. It protects well enough but when standing, it can be a bit fiddly to keep it standing well. But that said or will do. I will at some point see if I can find one that will stand sturdyer in portrait and landscape. All the holes are spot on though and it is possible to leave the cable in and open/close the case just fine.
on 4 January 2014
This does just what I want it to do, and looks and feels good to boot. After reading all the mixed reviews I really did not know what to do, but then I realised that a lot of the reviews were for completely different products! Just for the record - I bought a case for the 2014 edition Note 10.1. This product is a steal at the price! It is sturdy and offers sufficient protection - not sure whether the tablet would survive a fall, but I take care not to drop electronic gadgets. Another customer complained that sleep mode is engaged when the cover is opened up completely over the reverse side of the tablet, but after experimenting I discovered that you have to do that quite sharply for the sleep mode to engage. Personally I try not to slap my tablet about like that!
on 19 May 2014
Excellent, excellent, excellent. Looks expensive, feels great in the hands and the Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition fits perfectly.
The Galaxy Note clips in and out easily and no tools are required. Auto wake/sleep function works. Go to Settings>General>Accessory>Book cover>Daynote and make sure there is a green tick in the box to have a quick note pad showing the time, date, weather and your schedules and drawings popup on opening the case. (no need to turn on manually or swipe due to the auto wake) I haven't experienced any problems from the magnets as another reviewer suggested that the magnets put the device back to sleep when the cover is flipped all the way back. Neither have I experienced flat spots on the screen when using the S Pen due the position of the magnets in the cover. I actually ordered a rooCASE Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Origami SlimShell Case Cover - Black at the same time should these problems be present in the IVSO case. In spite of the rooCase being £24.99 as opposed £11.95 for the IVSO I found I liked the IVSO case more, purely on the "feel" of the cases. I should just mention I don't use portrait mode often but the origami wins hands down in portrait mode as it can be used at an angle and is quite sturdy. I haven't figured out a way to do this with the IVSO but can confirm both cases are sturdy when used in the landscape mode. All the holes line up for the camera, earphone IR blaster and charger and can be charged whilst still in their cases. My main concern when purchasing was are they going to fit, are they really for the 2014 edition? Yes they are. They both fit like a glove.