Customer reviews

Nintendo Wii Fit U Meter - Black (Nintendo Wii U)
Edition: Fit Meter only - Black|Change

on 22 April 2017
Bought as a gift, nephew loves it.
on 21 January 2017
Amazing value, accurate and discrete
on 25 November 2014
Amazing peace of design
on 16 January 2015
Good purchase. All was well
VINE VOICEon 2 November 2013
WHAT IS THE WII FIT U FIT METER?
A Wii U branded pedometer, basically.

WHAT IS IT FOR?
To use alongside the 'game' Wii Fit U. You take it out with you to count your steps and then upload the data to the game via the GamePad. The Fit Meter differentiates between walking, running, ascending and descending. It also measures temperature and altitude and the number of calories lost. In my experience so far it does a precise job.

CAN YOU USE IT ON ITS OWN IF YOU DON'T POSSESS A COPY OF WII FIT U?
No. It will not function until being registered with a copy of the game.

DOES IT HAVE ANY 'NINTENDO MAGIC' TO MAKE IT STAND OUT FROM OTHER PEDOMETERS?
Other than featuring your Mii's face on the dot matrix screen, not really, barring any 'Easter Eggs' which I've yet to discover. It's the connectivity to Wii Fit U which gives it a unique selling point, allowing you to continue and monitor your fitness regime when you're not burning calories with the game. Wii Fit U also provides you with walking and climbing challenges to complete with the Fit Meter. These are based on real world marathons and mountain ranges. Don't worry, you won't have to participate in the London Marathon or climb Mount Everest to pass these challenges, their lengths and heights are simulated for you. Of course you can walk the 42km/26miles of the London Marathon anywhere. Whether walking up the stairs all day is a realistic simulation of climbing the world's tallest mountain is another matter... All good fun, though. These challenges aren't forced upon you.

CAN IT BE USED BY MORE THAN ONE PERSON?
No, it only stores data for one. Presumably you can unregister your profile from it and pass it on to someone else to use if and when you're finished with it. That would delete all your data forever, though.

CAN ANOTHER FIT METER BE USED WITH ANOTHER ACCOUNT ON THE SAME COPY OF WII FIT U?
Yes. And I'm sure Nintendo would love very much for this to happen.

HOW EASY IS IT TO SET UP?
Incredibly simple. The game asks you to register the Fit Meter. You point it at the infrared transceiver port at the top of the GamePad and the pair of them get it on. In fairness, it took me three attempts to register it initially for some reason. Now when I'm uploading data it does it at the first time of asking.

WHAT'S THE BEST COLOUR TO GO FOR?
I went with the black one as it's the most inconspicuous to wear. In the game the white and green one is always displayed so I suppose that's the 'flagship' one.

IS IT WORTH IT?
Absolutely. A Fit Meter is not essential to the Wii Fit U experience but it certainly adds to it. The real clincher is the current promotion offered by Nintendo. If you purchase a Fit Meter and download the free 31-day trial of the game between now and the 31st of January and pair the two, you get to keep the full game after the trial expires. The physical version of Wii Fit U isn't even out until December so this is the best way unless you feel you must have a disc copy and a box on your shelf. Bear in mind the download from the eShop is around 4.5GB if you have slow internet. You will also need a Balance Board and, ideally, two Remotes (some activities require MotionPlus Remotes). All your old Wii equipment will work and is the same as what's being sold in the Wii Fit U retail bundles.

IS WII FIT U A RECOMMENDED PURCHASE?
It is if you want to get fit! As well as the Fit Meter, the outstanding addition to this new Wii U version of the franchise is the Off-TV Play functionality. In other words, if setting up your workout area in front of the TV is problematic, you can now go off somewhere more suitable with the GamePad. Or you can watch TV while exercising. Not EVERY activity is doable this way. Nintendo's official line is that 'over 90%' are. But make no mistake, this really is one of the best arguments for the GamePad yet and a potential killer app if Nintendo gets the marketing right.

ANYTHING ELSE?
I'm feeling a little sore today. The yoga has done my shoulders in good and proper. Great! That means it's working. Bring on the burn!

ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN THAT?
I think my female fitness trainer likes me. *swoon*
on 13 November 2013
I got this as I had been using the DS walk with me, this is 100 times better and is way more accurate

Bonus being that like some of the other reviews say if you got this you got the full game for free, bargain in my opinion

Have to say that I'm glad I got mine when it was just out and cost £19.99 (now its saying £33 approx) so an even better
bargain for me.

It is a brilliant format and is well worth buying
#1 REVIEWER#1 HALL OF FAMEon 23 January 2015
My wife bought me a WiiU console for Christmas along with Wii Fit U and this black pedometer (she got the green one that already comes with the game). Worth noting that you must have a copy of Wii Fit U to use this Fit Meter.

After three weeks of using it I have concluded it has been a fantastic gift for me for the following reasons…

Firstly I want to improve my general fitness and this device has made me aware of just how sedentary I am. I should be doing about 10,000 steps a day and the most I was reaching was 5,000! So I have taken up the 10,000 step challenge and I am really enjoying it although it’s difficult to fit in sometimes.

But what makes this device so great for me is how it saves and uploads your progress in Wii Fit U.

Your pedometer can store up to 7 days’ worth of data before it starts over writing old data – so at least once a week you have to power up your Wii U, and transfer your data which once you’re in the game takes just a couple of seconds (so doing this once a week really isn’t an issue). Along with your number of steps the Fit Meter also measures your altitude which it uses to calculate when you’re climbing stairs (or a hill) which then intern gives a more accurate figure for the number of calories burned.

Another small thing that’s great, especially if you’re competitive like me, is I can exchange and compare data with my wife’s pedometer just by pressing the centre button with the two fit meters facing each other.

I only have a couple of improvements that do not detract at all for me but may bother you, firstly I wish the fit meter was a little smaller. It measures 4cm across and roughly 1.25cm thick (2cm if you include the clip). So it’s not the smallest most discreet device and my wife struggles even more with hers as it’s bright white, so at least the black one is a little more discrete.

The other small thing is I wish the clip was a little better, it’s a very basic plastic clip and I just would like something that gripped a bit better but also was more adjustable. Although it does clip to most of my items of clothing no problem so again this really isn’t a huge issue.

All in all this a great little pedometer if, like me, you like the format of Wii Fit U in general and the charts it has. If you are looking for a pedometer and have no real interest in then tracking your progress or using the game then there may be better, more discreet options out there in terms of pedometers. All in all highly recommended.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 5 November 2013
The size is about right, small enough not to get in the way when wearing it and light enough not to know its even there. Big enough screen to give you all the information needed. This is where it comes into its own, the info it will display is Steps made, Calories burned, time, temperature (yes, the current temp of where you are), altitude and current feet moved (whether you have gone up or down ie stairs or climbing) METs graph (bigger and more detail once linked to Wii U), weekly kcal chart. And settings for contrast and sound. And a picture of your Mii face with different expressions depending on what you are doing.

There are three simple buttons on the front and NO instructions for use in the box as the Wii U will take you through all of that when you connect it up. It transfers and connects via the IR (infrared) sensor on top of the Wii U GamePad. Very simple to do and quick.

This can only be used with the Wii U and NOT the Wii. The Wii Fit U game is free to download and lasts a month unless you connect this little fella to it, then the game becomes free saving you up to £49.99 r.r.p. This makes it so cheap as I had the balance board from the original Wii Fit game and now this device will add a much more detailed calorie counter.
It is more than a step counter, and a fun game I have started measuring my steps against the London Marathon. Lets see how long it takes me to walk the distance. Great fun and great encouragement. There are climbing ones as well but lets just try walking first. I also bought the green one for the wife as you can have a monitor each and come in different colours but with your face on it you can always tell whose is whose.
on 4 November 2013
This is great fun and also a really good deal when you consider the freebie version of Wii fit U. You have between now and Jan 1st 2014 to download a demo version of the Wii U Fit app, if you then connect a Wii Fit U meter the game is then free forever afterwards. I had the old version and loved it so it was great to dust off the balance board and give weight loss another try!
on 18 November 2013
Since I got this fit meter I have made a effort to walk more as it measures your steps, and distance when you upload the data to Wii fit U. I have walked 8 miles this week alone and lost a few pounds. Not bad for a beginner. Even if you don't use Wii fit U much, this is still a good pedometer if all you want to do is walk. But Wii fit U adds some interesting things to make it more fun, such as showing you how far you walk around famous landmarks, or how far you climb up them. It's all good fun, and adds motivation for you to walk more often. I haven't even touched the Wii Fit U workouts, as for me, the walking is more than enough at the moment and I am already getting my monies worth. Throw in Wii Fit U which is free until January when you sync this meter up to the downloadable trial version on the EShop, and this is a fantastic bargain not to be missed for any Wii U owner.