on 27 November 2013
A must buy if you like a nice mix of traditional and contemporary Christmas songs, as a soundtrack to your Christmas preparations and celebrations.

Love all the tracks, however, Drummer Boy, The First Noel and Do You Hear What I Hear are my stand outs - but as with all Mary J Blige albums, all the tracks will just keep giving over time.

I usually ban Christmas songs until 1st of December, but could not resist playing this on it's arrival yesterday.

I hope the collaboration with Jesse J, their brilliant appearance on 'The X-Factor' and Mary's confident interview on the BBC's 'The One Show' will give Mary J Blige and the album, the UK exposure she deserves.

I am beginning to feel the real meaning of Christmas is being lost under all the early supermarket and department store advertising campaigns, but this album does more than it's fair share to rekindle the true spirit of Christmas.

Mary J Blige tip to Management: I'm looking forward to a future Deluxe edition with lyrics, videos, a message to the fans and perhaps a duet with Mariah and One Direction (for my teenage daughter).
4 people found this helpful
on 8 December 2015
Being a Mary J. fan for sometime I heard about this album and thought 'Nah', Mary J. Blige doing a Christmas album. That's not gonna work.
But how wrong I was...
This album is absolutely incredible. Mary's voice sounds amazing and the orchestra just lifts her voice to make her sound better than ever. The whole album is just so atmospheric and really does get you in the mood for Christmas. Her crisp soul vocals just lifts each track combined with the backing orchestra, it really is a very strong soul album with a Christmas feel good factor. It definitely is in the same high standard league as Alexander O'Neal's Christmas album 'My Gift To You' and is one of those Christmas albums you will want to listen too again and again as well as year after year.
All and all, this is Mary J. Blige singing her heart out as she always does. An album well worth purchasing.
One person found this helpful
on 14 December 2013
This album is truly a Christmas Cracker!!! Perfect for the Festive Season, I love it!! I've played it three times already, since purchase a few days ago.

All the musical arrangements offer the perfect mix of traditional Christmas with a contemporary twist.

Then of course, there is the Voice of Mary J. Blige - smooth as silk. All the tracks are superbly sung, but my own personal favourite is "Petit Papa Noel".

I think this CD has to equally share the title of "My Favourite Christmas Album", alongside Charlotte Church - Dream a Dream
on 22 March 2015
She has a beautiful voice and the quality of the CD is excellent, and really gets you in the mood for Christmas. This reason I've dropped 1 star is because I find it a little annoying that she often sings off-beat. I'm sure there is a technical term for this way of singing but I don't know what it is! It's the same with many artists, where they have adopted a style where they don't sing a note in time with the music, but they start the line slightly after the music. I find this quite annoying, but not enough to spoil it too much, and of course this is just my personal opinion and many may not mind this style at all.

Great CD for Christmas overall.
on 1 December 2013
This dropped on my doormat yesterday and I haven't stopped listening to it !! Whether you are a MJB fan or not, I am sure this will become part of anyone's classic Christmas collection. The duet with Jessie J is brilliant, but for me the best track is 'Mary did you know ?' Listen to the words, it's absolutely lovely. I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone , and dare I say it, but this may be a contender for Mr Buble this year :)

If you do buy this, I hope you enjoy as much as I do.
5 people found this helpful
on 11 January 2014
I WASN'T REALLY INTO MARY J BLIGE BEFORE BUT THIS CD IS AMAZING. IT HAS SOME NEW CHRISTMAS SONGS AND SOME QUITE TRADITIONAL, SOME NOT EVEN CHRISTMAS.

SUNG BEAUTIFULLY. THERE IS NOT ONE SONG ON THIS CD THAT I DONT LIKE. WELL WORTH IT. YOU'LL NEVER NEED ANOTHER CHRISTMAS CD ONCE YOU'VE HEARED THIS. 'MY FAVOURITE THINGS' FROM THE SOUND OF MUSIC IS TRANSFORMED INTO SOMETHING ELSE. . . . . ITS MAGICAL.
on 19 January 2017
So many artists churn out sub standard Christmas albums that are 2nd rate. Not Mary J. This is a fantastic album, excellent choice of songs lush production and great vocals
on 9 September 2016
Although factory sealed the case has 2 large cracks. I can't say if they were there before posting or not but I will now have to source a replacement case. Otherwise the album is great by one of my favourite singers.
One person found this helpful
on 22 January 2016
Classy and really well sung. Great versions of some christmas favourites that we all know and love. She has such a great voice and this showcases it really effectively. A festive cd that you'll keep enjoying.
on 14 May 2018