TOP 500 REVIEWERon 22 July 2017
Released in 2013 through Roadrunner Records, Vengeance Fall was a clear return to form for the heavy metal band Trivium. Now working with the front man for the band Disturbed, David Draiman, the group pushed on with a new sound and some considerable boost in song writing quality.

Until I listened to this album recently, I had seen a lot of complaints claiming that David Draiman had ruined Trivium by turning them into Disturbed 2.0. There is no denying that the trademark Disturbed style sneaks its way into Trivium's sound here but there is also no denying the fact that Trivium kept this albums over all sound in their own image and not that of others. The song style is heavy but a little slower and considerably more focused. The band focus more on getting a good vocal melody and backing it up with some extremely solid rhythm playing, they do a great job of it.

My personal picks for the album are Brave This Storm, To Believe, At The End of This War and Incineration: The Broken World. In these songs you'll find some great use of the band's talented guitar duo, including the surprisingly powerful singing voice of Matt Heafy. After the horrible snarling and screeching on In Waves, it was nice to hear his full vocal range used properly on this record. There are plenty moments of solid drumming from Nick Augusto, who shines particularly on the faster songs. Sadly, this album was his last.

The only thing that stops this album from getting a higher score is the the fact that the album has been brick walled. The dynamic range has been squished and everything has just been cranked up so high that there is a lot of noticeable audio distortion and glitches. It is a little sad because Vengeance Falls is a very good album, just as good as the band's 2008 release Shogun, their best album to date in my honest opinion.

Fans of Trivium clearly love or hate this record and I am one of the former. I think this is a clear step forward for the band. Their sound and style is considerably more mature than In Waves and they really do benefit from it. This style is used as the basis for the follow up album Silence of the Snow which is also a fantastic album.

Published by Steven Lornie of Demonszone
on 6 February 2016
Let's get to the obvious elitist quaral,David Draiman the vocalist in Disturbed produced this album. It this a blessing? yes. Is this a curse? If you think it makes the songs worse. I do not.Personally I think Draimans involvment abundantly develops Matt heafys vocal confidence and overall technique on Vengence Falls. The album is blistering and Euphoric from start to finish. Every track is played with power and ferocity. The drumming is also the driving force on v.f.,very speedy,pummeling,and most of all groovy. This is the sound of a future world where trivium are the vigilante warriors destroying the cyborgs! Now the melodies are very apparently draiman influenced,you can almost hear him singing them or atleast coaching matt heavy how to hold his notes in the studio,but it does no harm to the music,for me the music on here sounds more focused without too much screaming,it stands firm with matts vocals towering each melody with collosal leadership of the band. Some tracks sound similar,but the concept idea works,it all feels like concept album so i treat it as such. Solid trivium album.They sound alive on this.
on 8 November 2013
This is Trivium at their finest. This album is probably their best next to Ascendancy. Having bought all their previous albums barring the Crusade (which, in my opinion was something of a let down, but this isn't about that) I figured that this would have to be something big, particularly after In Waves which had some massive songs which translated almost perfectly onto the stage: I saw them live after purchasing and they blew me away again.

Vengeance Falls has some songs that deal some seriously crushing blows to the ears when listened to via headphones. Many songs are eardrum butchery in the sense that they're unrelenting and brutal and it's just a FANTASTIC album to listen to. It's got a couple of songs on there that will make you want to seriously rage and start a moshpit where you are. I'm not exaggerating there. Strife is a brilliant song. Through Blood and Through Dirt and Bone is another immense track.

I just love this album. I have basically played it on repeat until the brink of insanity.
3 people found this helpful
on 5 January 2014
Normally, it takes me a few listens of a Trivium album to properly appreciate it and start going on about it every waking hour and day. It took me all of one listen to fall in love with Vengeance Falls. Yeah, it's not got as much screaming in it as most of the previous releases, and there aren't as many shredded solos, but actually that didn't matter in the end. The riffs are inventive, the melodies fantastic, the song structures original and well thought-out, and the overall effect excellent. As a metal-studded cherry on top of this iron-welded cake, Matt Heafy's singing is the best I have ever heard it. Seriously, listen to Through Blood and Dirt and Bone. Just listen to it. I'm pretty sure Heafy and Beaulieu have been taking some kind of finger steroids too, judging by some of the solos (don't worry, they get some great melody in there too). The whole album has a great variety of delights, ranging from the kind of anthemic tunes that make you want to grow rocket engines on your feet and conquer the moon (for example, To Believe) to drops heavier than a mountain on a trampoline (Wake). Buy this album.
on 13 March 2018
 I was very surprised to unwrap this brand new album I had bought (very fast delivery, can't complain) but when I opened it, the (correct) case had madonna's "Like a virgin" album. I was quite surprised to say the least. But it did make me laugh so I'll give a two star.
review image
on 28 August 2014
Okay I do really like this album, despite it being one of the least heavy they have released, And it is definitely better than In waves

However the only Gripe I have with it is the mixing ....... Drums are WAY too overpowering especially the trebles and the bass just seems WAY too quiet!!

Really disappointing mixing its just POOR!!!

In terms of musical construction though its brilliant

however still awaiting that mind blowing 5 star album of shogun though
on 1 November 2013
The brilliance of Trivium is that if you stick with their albums for a few listens, you will always suddenly 'get' them. This is no different, it's a fast-paced, brutal answer to the scene kids currently running amok in the genre.
I'm not a music reviewer so I'll leave it there, but I whole-heartedly recommend buying this!
on 1 November 2013
This is my third Trivium album, my first album was shogun. I guess that album put the bar very high. In Waves was ok, some enjoyable parts, but still no comparison to shogun. This new album might be the same or a little better that in waves ( for me anyway ), but this is not another shogun. I have listened to this album for about 5 times now, and some of the songs have grown on me, but I also think Trivium can do better.
on 28 December 2013
The album came on the day of release early in the morning (as expected). Fantastic album with amazing songs - recommend to any metal/music fan with brilliant riffage and hooks that'll stay in your head for weeks on end.
The only downside to this was Amazon's Cloud Player side of things, which promises you with a 'Clouded' version of the album with which you can access should you have the app for your phone, etc. Instead of receiving this album, I got the non-Special Edition one, which features fewer songs.
on 6 December 2013
Trivium are one of my favourite groups, having been a fan from when the very 1st cd came out.With this cd I had to listen to it a few times over and it gets better with each listen its a great cd and one favourite in particular is Strife.