Customer reviews

Nite Ize Doohickey Key Tool - Stainless Steel
Size: One size|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 August 2015
A 'Doohickey' is apparently a small piece of kit that you can't quite remember the name or function of, and this is a well made little key-ring tool in brushed stainless steel that you can clip on and forget you are carrying it. Large flat blade that is really too big for any but the largest slot-head screws or machine bolts, but is ideal for digging and levering, and has enough of a bevel on the lower edge that it makes a great parcel tape/box-cutter so you don't have to gum up your favourite penknife with sticky tape residue. The bottle opener is situated close to the front of the tool so you can exert reasonable force with minimal effort. The top edge has an inch scale etched on one side and a cm scale on the other which I suppose may come in handy one day, and the inside of the loop has three (marked) cut outs for dealing with smaller bolts. Easy to clip on and off a keyring, belt loop or pack with the sprung clip, and this is a handy little tool that isn't much bigger than a key itself and is perfectly safe to carry in your pocket
2 people found this helpful
on 13 November 2016
I ordered this as I have an active job which involved a lot of running around, looking for scissors to open bags and boxes as well as cutting strings and ties on straw and hay bales. I thought this would be a pretty good tool to help. I wanted a tool that I could clip onto my keys and that could carry around with me everywhere.

Whilst this is a really good, portable tool, I wouldn't say it met my expectations that I had of it. The "box opener" is blunt. To put it simply. It doesn't open boxes that well at all, to be honest, my keys did a better job. The bottle open is okay but a little fiddly. The only good thing about this is its size and portability. That's it. I'd splash out a little bit more money next time and opt for a Swiss Army knife of some sort.
on 10 October 2016
Handy little tool, but can they please make a version for all those annoying foreigners who have metric nuts and bolts?
3 people found this helpful
on 28 October 2014
Combining a carabiner, three hex nut wrenches, a bottle opener, a prybar, a (rather large) flat head screwdriver and a ruler (inches and mm), the Nite Ize Doohickey is a useful little tool. The pry-screwdriver tapers on one side to an edge and point, so it can also be used as a box opener, however, it's not uncomfortably sharp and is no more obtrusive in the pocket than another key. My only complaint might be the painted ruler and hex wrench measurements, which I suspect will very quickly rub off when worn on a keychain.
on 5 November 2014
If you find opening cardboard boxes gums up your penknife/cutlery you'd be well advised to get one of these - the point is great for splitting tape and doesn't accumulate adhesive. The clip means it attaches securely to a key ring as well. The bottle opener looks effective although I haven't used it. The ruler and the spanner functions don't look that useful (and I haven't used them) but the box cutter function is worth the price alone.
on 29 December 2015
Handy - this is sturdy, and performs well as a leaver, cap opener, and for getting into Amazon parcels. The graduations/markings are coping well with being in a pocket of keys (i.e. not warn off easily).

I clip it onto my keyring which sadly does mean it gets caught up with my keys - this mainly do to the fact the central hole is so large. I'm not sure how useful the opening for hex bolts/nuts is really.
on 3 June 2015
nothing bad to report per say, its a nice small bottle opener/pry tool with a pointless ruler on the side that fits easily onto any keychain. Seems well built but it's not going to save your life and the chances are I will forget I have this to hand next time I need to open a bottle.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 May 2015
A nice little "multi-tool" with a screwdriver head, box cutter, a ruler, a bottle opener, a lanyard hook and four different "spanner" sizes for tightening or loosening small nuts, e.g., on a bicycle. It's slightly larger than the Leatherman Brewzer but has more options.
on 25 February 2016
This tool does open bottle tops and has a few limited extras, however for the cost the stainless steel tool is basically finished to an average standard finish. Would I buy another, no but hopefully with use it may get better.
on 11 January 2018
works as supposed great for pulling out xmas decoration drawing pins

See one answered question