on 27 March 2014
I rarely recommend products unless they perform particularly well. And I must say, having purchased these types of products before, I have always been letdown by poor design, sheer bulk and lack of performance. Not so with this great add on.

Well designed, It's simple to mount and dismount and I only use it when I need a charge on the go. The rest of the time it's left in my briefcase ready for the occasion I overrun on the phone, 3G mail or Facebook.

It arrived about 3 weeks ago and has been used as a backup supply around 10 times. It charges my iPhone5 Quickly and acts as an excellent speaker too. A full charge will take my phone battery to 100% and have some left over too. It's enough to get thru a weekend without a power cable.

Charging the product takes allot longer than the iPhone battery, so you'll need to leave it on charge overnight. If connected to your iPhone you needn't worry as it avoids continually charging once your phone is topped unto 100%. You'll be using a micro usb connector but you can still use your iPhone usb charger (for supply). I really think this item is great. It works and have recommended to friends, family and business associates too.

It could be lighter, and probably will be as battery technology develops. But for the here and now, It's great gadget to have in your bag, briefcase, rucksack or weekend case. Well done Anker.
on 24 June 2014
Bought this after a flat battery left me stranded at a train station.
Very well designed as far as looks are concerned and functions well. Three minor concerns. 1) the retaining surround is a bit flimsy when off the iphone and I fear it could get broken when not in use. That said when in place it is rock solid.2) it can be a bit difficult to remove the phone from the assembly when needed.3) lastly it comes with a short extension earphone cable to go through the case and plug into the iphone. This is not very elegant and I fear easy to loose. However saying that I'm very happy that I have a reliable and good looking battery pack for my iphone.
on 14 April 2014
Firstly, the case fitting and removal is simple, straight forward and feels secure. With the case on it actually gives a little more grip and a slightly better feel in the hand in my opinion. Charging of the phone from the case is fast and efficient, currently I'm getting a few charges out of the case if it goes uncharged. If you charge the phone every night anyway, the case will also charge so you're never out of power. Impressive accessory for an great price.
on 28 February 2015
Had a mophie and it broke, I have a couple of Anker products and have always been happy so I thought I would try it out for my phone. Prefer this now to mophie, mophie gets real warm charging and this does not, snug fit around side so not as fat as it used to be but the best thing is the charging. One button charging. Press the button and it starts charging, when it reaches 100% is auto shuts off the charger. It means I retain power for more charging later. I travel a lot and this ticks my box. Would not swap it now and would buy another. Price does help but I would have paid much more for the other make and it's just another plus for me!
on 22 January 2014
Anker promise 120% from a single charge. I seem to be getting close to 110% on my iPhone 5, which is quite impressive especially given the price and MFI certification.
The only complaint I have is that its is a bit fiddly to get the phone out of the case, but I don't think its a major problem. I am not a regular user, I use the battery only when I am travelling - taking photos, using maps, browsing on the go. It's perfect for me.
on 21 July 2014
When I first received this it seemed to work fine, but after a couple of uses it now keeps saying the product is not supported as an officially approved device then stops working leaving me without any battery! Might be worth paying a bit extra next time or buying a separate portable charger.
on 10 March 2014
Have used this for the past 2 weeks now and glad to say I'm pleased to say it's a lot better than some of the cheaper options I've bought before.

At £35.99 it's a bargain, it's actually MFI, and has carried on working unlike cheaper no name brands I've used before where it's stopped charging after a while.

It charges quickly and I like that it charges the phone first before powering up the battery case.

Only dislikes I have are that it's cumbersome to get in and out of the case and that the kickstand seems a bit flimsy.

But other than that, great purchase and no regrets buying it.
on 31 March 2014
Only took delivery of this today having looking at Mophie, Lenmar Kinps and also other products from Anker (Astro and Astro mini). First impression is it is excellent and every bit as good as ones twice the price. I only want it for cycling as the app I use drains the battery. Looks very well made and easy to fit, despite some of the other reviews. I found it easy to snap into place.

On first look I would highly recommend this....
on 28 April 2015
Great product. Brought us loads more battery time and was well made. Just be prepared for a few laughs walking round with "anker" displayed on the back of your phone!
on 11 June 2014
Pleased enough with this. Anger make good products and this does everything it should. Bought my son a Mophie for his S3 and probably wish I had spent the extra on one for my iPhone. The Anker, especially round the edge just lacks that bit of quality. It's well enough made, fits well etc. but the mophie is a joy to use, hold, look at. It is nearly double the price though, and in terms of value for money, I have no complaints.