on 21 February 2014
I ordered two of these and they arrived quickly. They have worked well with several charging cables and docks around my house and in my cars.
So why the loss of a star? Well I have to keep taking my phone out of its case to plug this adapter in which is irritating. I should have spotted that when I ordered it.
Contrary to some other reviews, I have not managed to get any audio through it, but that is clear from the description so I am not disappointed. Basically to get audio it seems you need the Apple product as it has a DAC chip in it. There are two versions of the Apple product - one that looks a lot like this ORDEL product and another which has a short cable in between the 8 pin (lightning) connector and the 30 pin connector. I got the cable version from Argos as they had them at half price (£15), and now I don't have to keep taking the case off when I connect it to the car stereo AND I get crystal clear audio. So if you're after audio, you need to go Apple I'm afraid. It is more expensive but it works!
on 9 February 2014
good product, great value and great service. product as described and works as required. would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a convertor
on 15 February 2014
I ordered this as I needed to use my existing iPhone charger in my car it did the trick and I am happy

The product came before I was expecting it which was a good thing
on 18 May 2014
Ok, I own the Apple connector and now this one. The Apple connector is a high quality AND high price item designed to fit and work beautifully with their products and it does.

The Ordel version is very lightweight and looks kinda flimsy but it works absolutely fine. The 30 pin male end does not fit well into the female receiver on the connector but it all works ok, charging and syncing too.

For a cheap light use alternative this is fine, if you needed to use it daily then I would go for the Apple version....its pricey though so this is a very tempting alternative.

All said and done, for the price, you would be hard pressed to do better.
on 5 October 2016
it has been very useful since the chargers in phones changed. a lot of my home kit had the old style connector. like radio speaker and alarm clock. this helped to resolve the issue as the other connectors were hardwired so had to use this converter. had no issues with it and still use it. had it for i would around 3 years now.
on 20 February 2014
I bought the wrong piece, and when they found out they promptly replaced it with the right one. Audio quality great very happy thank you so much x
on 12 April 2014
The reviews are very varied, but so are the reviews for equivalent Apple product. It's just the £22 difference that is 5* for me. I wanted adapter for Bose which has older connection, so am happy product works, as does remote. Plus it's black, which looks better than white with black machine. It arrived super quick, so I'm giving it 5*. The reviews may vary because of all the different uses people want perhaps, but if you need Bose adapter it works great. Plus you save £22.
on 28 July 2014
Bought three

- one dead after two months
- one works intermittently
- one still works
- have to remove phone from case to charge

All of them produced the occasional non-Apple message.

Can't complain about postage, which was very quick, but the lesson is - buy genuine Apple or Apple certified, and you shouldn't encounter these types of problems.
on 30 January 2016
Not good quality and stopped working after a very short time. Thought I'd try it...I did, and so others shouldn't really bother. Quality is only via the 3.5mm audio socket so certainly down on a pure digital connection...main thing was it lasted only a few days.
on 7 July 2014
Bought this as an adaptor to plug my iPhone 5C into my Griffin itrip. Phone charges fine through this device, audio is a bit twitchy and drops out sometimes. Found that it works alright so long as I turn the radio on before plugging the phone in. Phone keeps displaying a message about the device being unsupported, but hey, it was this or spend £30 on a new itrip.