Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Exclusive playlist - Elton John Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.29

on 9 November 2013
Icon for Hire's first, Scripted, was my favourite album of the year - until now. This, their follow-up effort, is simply a tour de force: hard, smart, melodic, fearless, and catchy as hell. The combination of sheer song-writing chops, production quality, intensity, and melodic/harmonic/musical intelligence are pretty much unmatched, in the view of this reviewer. The album also gets better with each listen; because they're trying some pretty brave things, and because the heaviness and production are so out front, it's only when one has really internalized the melodies that the songs *really* start to grip and not let go. Be prepared to do a lot of humming (and smiling) in public places. Oh, and if you run or work out to it, be prepared to find yourself moving 100mph - the energy of this music is just blitzing. IFH is blessed with some serious mojo and magic. Every note of this album is wonderful, every song just knocks me out - and, frankly, it's humbling to be in the presence of such great art. Huzzah.
on 22 March 2014
I feel songs in here are much more geared towards pop...makes it so much different from Scripted.
It isn't by all means bad, and most of songs are fast, upbeat, catchy

Still, personal preference to certain genres mean I can only give 4 stars.
on 12 June 2014
I had never heard of ''Icon for Fire'' before being introduced to their debut album 'Scriped' by a friend. I loved bands like Halestorm so she recommended checking this band out.

I was genuinely very impressed by the first album, it was catchy, flirty, rebellious and creative all at once.

I'm sad to say the follow up, self titled ''Icon for Hire'' doesn't meet the expectations I had for a second album, but it by no means makes it bad.

The first album felt like the band played it safe with what they knew musically, but the sound was fresh and also retro so it worked fantastically. This album they seem to want to introduce a lot of 2010's style electronic beats and Guetta style synth backings, and sorry to say but it just doesn't fit like it could have done.
In my opinion it's just a little bit overdone. I admire them for trying the newer/more experimental style, and on some tracks it DOES work, and brilliantly. The opening track for example is catchy, and grabs you in straight away. But then it falters.

Also in my opinion lead singer and front-woman Ariel's vocals seem to have had the Katy Perry/Rihanna treatment. She was never a powerhouse (she doesn't need to be) but here the production seems to bog her down in way too much echo/effects that she simply doesn't need. She's good enough on her own.

I hope they do make a third album, they are quite clearly very talented and the first album was a scorcher, but I can't quite recommend this one as highly. Check out 'Scripted' first, see what you think, then make your own opinion of this second album.
on 28 April 2014
Love this , Awesome album !!!! if you like Paramore or The Pretty Reckless you'll love Icon for hire !!!
on 10 April 2014
Amazing album! I absolutely love this band! The music on this album is different from their first album but still just as good if not better. The download was really quick and easy. Reasonable price too.
on 8 January 2014
I only gave this album one star below perfect because I waited a very long time for this album to arrive and waited even longer when I was informed a replacement had been sent... I received neither but I did get a refund fairly easily.

I have however since heard this album and it is just amazing (hence the 4 stars) the bands work is clearly improving in leaps and bounds without losing their unique writing style or sound

I would not buy from this particular seller again, but I would HIGHLY recommend this album ^_^
on 12 June 2015
Building from the first album, this CD is rammed full of superb, catch tracks with intelligent and thought provoking lyrics.
on 26 June 2014
Short and sweet- this album has become one of my all time favourites. I've MORE than got my money's worth with this.
on 30 June 2014
The music is quite good, allthough it is very soft. The price was reasonable. All in all I am content.
on 27 November 2013
This album is very different and certainly not what i was expecting! It took some getting used to but i love it! 'Fix it' Is a particular favorite. This album is dynamic and unique, i definitly recommend checking it out!