on 2 October 2013
Well, what can I say about this the Amazon Artist Lounge EP... On first listen, it's a bit like hearing moby doing an UNPLUGGED set. the songs are stripped back to their core which if you're a fan of moby's acoustic guitar tracks you'll really love this EP. The new songs hold up well... the new album "Innocents" is where all 3 of these songs come from.

"A Case For Shame" is a fantastic slab of pure pop music greatness and the vocals are truly haunting.

"Tell Me" is another decent tune.

"The Perfect Life" is a really puzzling song to me - it's a bit too "I'm a hippy and everything is great" for me but it's cleverly arranged and complimented by a catchy gospel chorus.

I'm a bit biased with this review as I have everything moby has released on CD/DVD etc... been a fan since the early 90's back in his rave music days... obviously back then I was too young to go to raves but loved seeing his transition from a small bedroom producer to a global music icon. Nowadays, Richard Hall (that's his real name) can do no wrong! even his punk rock album "animal rights" was fantastic (even though all the press and media critics hated it).
on 12 October 2013
A mellow songwriterly collaboration, between Moby and the Cold Specks and Wayne Coyne (of Flaming Lips fame). The new album Innocents, should be well worth checking out on the basis of this. Amazon's artist lounge has been providing some great music of late and this is the icing on the cake for me.
on 5 October 2013
stunning - quite simply stunning. Pure vocals and acoustic guitar...if this is representative of the rest of the album then this indeed will be purchased. 10/10 and thanq Amazon Lounge for the (re)introduction to Moby
on 25 February 2014
This little Amazon Artist EP has three terrific songs on it but it is the last one I want to focus on.
The Perfect Life, featuring Wayne Coyne, is my favourite song of 2013. It is one of the most played songs on my ipod, along with my 2nd favourite song of 2013, Luke Sital-Singh's Nothing Stays the same. Both are top tunes!
You have to hear this song. It is so upbeat and joyful. I can listen to it on repeat.
Five stars all the way. Even if you don't normally like Moby I would suggest you try it because it is very good.
on 18 January 2014
I just don't know what else to say but if Moby was to call me up I would tell him, this EP is awful. Well, to be fair, two of the three tracks are awful in my opinion and sound nothing like the Moby the world knows.
Tracks 1 & 2 featuring Cold Specks are just, to my very trained ears, shockingly bad. I'm really sorry I can't say anything positive about these trax because I really don't like speaking negatively of someone's work, but her voice is dated, screaming and has her vibrato button locked on I think.
Track 3 on the other hand is actually rather good and is without any doubt the only saving grace of this EP. Save your money though and just download this one track, leave the others where they rest. This time featuring guest vocalist Wayne Coyne singing "The Perfect Life". It's mature, solid, acousticly signatured and worth the money. Just a shame the other two are screechy!
A huge departure for Moby and very surprised that he and his record company put these tracks out there at all. Can't help wondering who's screeching Grandma that is on trax 1+2 hahaha
on 9 October 2013
This new work by Moby is really good I particularly like the guitar, and the full treatment on the third song was great.
on 8 October 2013
couldnt believe i could get moby songs free keep playing them over and over
more moby please thanks again for these
on 29 December 2013
3 Very nice tracks with a very interesting mix of vocal and instruments and effects, specially like the last track with it's almost choral backing.
on 17 October 2013
Moby never disappoints.The way he always gets the collaboration right is incredible.
A lovely e.p now buy the album and sign up on Moby.com for lots of freebies!!
on 17 October 2013
Perfecto! !! Great music. Always surprising. Had the deluxe version and now the acoustic one. This guy never rests, unlimited energy and the outcome always unique.