Colour Name: Silver|Size: 16GB|Change
Price:£249.00+ Free shipping

on 15 October 2015
TERRIBLE. The refurbished iphone 5s I purchased worked fine for the first six months. However now the battery that was put inside the phone when it was refurbished has swollen, resorting in a handset that is unusable and at risk of exploding (just google swollen battery).Due to the refurbishment of the handset Apple will not fix the device. Upon contacting the seller, they refused to refund or repair the handset and even suggested it was my fault even though the handset is in otherwise perfect condition, even Apple themselves have suggested it was probably poor quality refurbishment that caused this problem. I refuse to accept that it is fair that I should pay £315 for a phone that will only last me six months and then become a health and safety hazard. Please do not buy from this seller, a swollen battery is not only an inconvenience but a rare and serious fire/health and safety hazard.

I have provided pictures that show the screen being pushed off because the battery inside the device has become so swollen.
review image
on 10 November 2013
The new iPhone 5s is an incredible piece of kit and I thought I would share my experiences upgrading from an iPhone 5.

Firstly the two phones look very similar apart from the new finger print reader so it is not immediately obvious that you are holding the latest iPhone (if that is important to you!). This is not a bad thing as the iPhone 5 was a beautifully made phone that felt more premium than any rival. When you look at the build you do wonder what an Apple smart watch would look like because there is a time piece quality to the 5 and 5s. Unfortunately most people, including me, will cover most of the phone up with a case as soon as they purchase it.

Secondly, the increase in power isn't obvious. In fact there doesn't seem to be anything that the 5s can run that the 5 can't. Games like Infinity Blade 3 look better but the 5 version still looks great. Maybe it was my imagination but the 5s does seem a bit faster in opening apps. The 5 is fast enough and even Apple acknowledge this by releasing the 5c which a 5 with a plastic shell. As an aside, I have seen better deals on the 5 than than 5c - surely its a no brainer to get the 5?

Thirdly, the finger print reader really works and does make accessing the phone easier. I love the way it works without fuss. Instead of a scanning graphic the phone just unlocks. It make buying apps quicker as well which may be a bad thing because there is less of a barrier for those impulse buys.

Lastly, the camera is great. The main improvement is low light photography. It is not working miracles but you will get more useable photos in low light situations. A new two tone flash does, as claimed, improve the skin tones in flash photography and seems to deliver less blown out photos. I really had a lot of fun with the slo mo and burst photo feature. However the 5 is still a really good camera.

I needed to get a new phone so I got the 5s. If you already have a 5 it is difficult to justify the cost of the upgrade because the 5 is a great phone.

More generally I do wish Apple would release a bigger screen phone - mobiles phones aren't really phones anymore they are mobile computers and the extra screen space would be nice. Also, the cost of extra storage is a joke. Apple really need to be starting at 32gb not 16gb which won't last long with a few apps and some photos/videos. So as much as I really like this phone I can't give 5 stars.
on 30 October 2015
The 5s is the first iPhone for many things. The first iPhone to feature the Touch ID fingerprint sensor, the gold colour option, the slightly lighter Space Grey colour instead of Slate, a 64-bit processor, and a motion coprocessor. But, despite this, the phone’s looks on the outside remain largely the same to those of the iPhone 5 before it. This is usually the story with an S update - Apple updates the internals, but the look of the phone remains the same as the iPhone before it. But I’d say the 5s is probably the best S update yet. The M7 motion coprocessor takes some of the weight off the 64-bit A7 processor that is left to fly through everything you want to do.

On the topic of performance, the iPhone 5s shipped with iOS 7 in 2013, which brought a complete, thorough redesign to iOS. Since then, iOS 8 was released, and adds some necessary features to the mobile operating system, like the ability to use AirDrop between Macs and iOS devices, and other features which more tightly integrate OS X and iOS. Of course, I’ve updated my iPhone to iOS 8, and as expected it still runs very smoothly with the A7 processor, so I’ve got no complaints in this department. Next year, with iOS 9, it should still run smoothly, because we’ve heard rumours that Apple are focusing on stability and optimisation. There aren’t actually that many things I’d like to see in this release, because I like where iOS is up to at the moment. I like the style of it, I like the simplicity, but one thing that may be nice to see are home screen widgets. Of course it’s a personal thing whether you like the style of iOS or not - some people prefer the extra customisability of Android - but iOS works for me, and that’s all I’m going to say on the topic.

The design of the 5s is, for me, another reason to like it. It’s 7.6mm thin, and the device is squared off at the edges, opposite to the curved sides of the iPhone 6, but I don’t mind this. I’m sure I’d like the curved sides of the iPhone 6 as well, but I don’t think there’s anything particularly wrong with the style of the 5s. It’s also a light phone - of course I don’t feel this every day as I use it with a Spigen Tough Armour case - but it weighs in at 112 grams, which converts to 3.95 ounces. It’s available in Space Grey, Silver, and Gold.

Like any Apple product, the iPhone 5s is built to the highest standard with very premium materials. It has aluminium on the back and sides, with chamfered edges at the top and bottom of the sides, and of course it has a very solid construction.

Now this is an area where our opinions may start to differ, if they haven’t already - I actually don’t mind the smallish 4-inch screen size of the 5s. When I had my Nexus 4, I thought 4.7 inches was the sweet spot for me, and I still do like smartphones of that size too, but the 5s’s size just isn’t a problem at all to me, and yes, I am the type of person who likes to do a lot on their phone. So if you really want the 5s, but the screen size is holding you back, do give it another chance, because it may be something you can deal with. On the topic of the display quality, let’s just say, we still haven’t got to a single negative point of the 5s yet, at least in my experiences. While some Android fans may laugh at the 1136x640 resolution Retina display, with ‘only’ - in quote marks - 326 pixels per inch, the display is still crispy clear. I’m not the type of person to be telling you about the contrast, saturation, vividness, or anything like that, but I can tell you it looks great. The Retina display continues to impress.

The 5s’s battery is alright, but it could be much improved. It does last me a full day - sometimes with a decent amount to spare, but other days I make it home wanting to put it on the charger straight away, and that’s a typical day at school, most of the time not using the phone, but when I do, maybe playing an odd game, using WiFi to surf the internet, or using 3G to browse social media.

The iPhone 5s’s camera is an 8 megapixel sensor with an f/2.2 aperture. It features the True Tone flash, which was a feature added to the camera in this iteration of the iPhone, which makes your photos look more natural when you have to use the flash. It was also the iPhone where slow-mo video was added, allowing you to film video at 120 frames per second. Put simply, photos look great, and probably even better to me, coming from my Nexus 4. The iPhone 5s is also amazing at video recording, and here are a few test shots with it.

I’ve been hugely positive, but should you buy it? If you love everything about it, yes. But if you’re just looking at the 5s because you want an iPhone that’s a little bit cheaper than Apple’s flagship phone, then maybe you want to wait to see if Apple come out with an iPhone 6c. It should feature newer internals in a 4-inch plastic build at a more affordable price.
on 10 November 2013
Attempting to review a device with the dizzying profile of the iPhone is oddly bemusing; it means different things to different people, and in the end, it depends what you want or expect to get out of it. To use it only as a phone is a bit like living in the Taj Mahal when all you really need is a tent. I've only had the iPhone for three days, and it's my first. This review will therefore be from a new-user's point of view and without reference to the competition. In other words, what it's like to live with an iPhone 5s.

The presentation of the phone, with its exquisite Zen-like packaging, builds the anticipation, until finally the waiting's over and there it is: looking and feeling like a bar of gold or precious metal, its solidity and weight are somehow reassuring. The harmony in the architectonics is a triumph of aesthetics, and that's without even switching it on. But before you do that, you'll be required to fit your nano sim card. Using the pin supplied, this requires the dexterity and sensitivity of a concert pianist matched with the optical facility of an eagle, but once done you're ready to fire it up.

If you already have other Apple devices you'll find your phone exchanging data straightaway, with your contacts, photos etc being ported over the airwaves. There's relatively little to do in the way of set-up as most of it appears to happen automatically. You can then personalise the phone even further, first with the famous finger-print. This involves (as does so much from now on) in going into Settings. Choose Touch ID and after rolling your digit around on the Home button, the sensor registers your details, and from then on opening up the screen is quick and easy, plus you can use it in the ITunes store. If you can't decide whether you'll be using your finger or your thumb then why not register both, and if you want to allow anyone else access to the phone then they can add their fingerprint too. An extra precaution of a numerical passcode is required to access your credit card information. Once set, this also transfers to other devices, meaning you never have to manually fill in an internet payment form again.

I have the 16GB model, and possibly some juggling might be required in deleting and later re-loading apps/photos/downloaded songs on Spotify, but that doesn't look as though it'll be a problem for some time, as at the moment there's 11GB free. What might be an issue however is data allowance from your provider; I seem to have got through 100MB already, and that's only in a couple of days. It might be best then to choose a contract with an unlimited data allowance if you are going to want to make the most of the iPhone's entertainment value.

Navigating around the phone is intuitive enough, the Home button being the key to changing between apps. Double-click this and it will bring up all of your open applications, which is often a clearer way of orienting yourself. A swipe upwards reveals the torch (which is very powerful), the calculator, the timer and camera, as well as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Do Not Disturb shortcuts, plus your music player. A downward swipe within an app displays your schedule. A downward swipe on the Homescreen brings up the search facility, which can be used with confidence. Siri, the slightly surreal footman character can be activated by bringing the phone up to your ear. Using its mystifying powers, Siri can then find the way to the nearest Tandoori or be grilled for the sum of 4.3339 + 2.7, its seemingly inexhaustible knowledge providing hours of amusement. If Siri can't solve your problem directly it'll find references on the web which should provide you with an answer.

YouTube and iPlayer are rendered in a crystalline clarity and the dimensions of the 5s give a panoramic quality to the theatre. The sound is remarkably full, and the earphones supplied seem excellent. Photos are catalogued in Years, drilling down to Collections and then Moments which sounds overly complicated but is actually coherent in use and quick to comprehend. The quality, as you'd expect, is uniformly excellent and the new flash arrangement leads to an enhanced quality in poor light.

From then on the sky really does seem to be the limit, with apps for just about every conceivable occasion. In short, the iPhone is a device which you possibly never knew you needed, but once you've lived with it for a few hours, it's hard to imagine life without.
VINE VOICEon 10 November 2014
I have recently bought an iphone 5s, to replace a Samsung Galaxy s3.

The first thing you need to know is that I have a mac at home, not a PC. That will colour one large part of this review. I am not a fanboy, but do like mac.

So, first impressions. Well, the Galaxy always felt cheap in your hand. The very thin plastic back was flimsy and cheap looking. The iPhone is a lovely object to hold. Reassuring weight rather than heavy, and it just oozes quality. At the same time, I never thought twice about dropping the Galaxy. I am paranoid about dropping this.

It's also strange, after the large Galaxy screen to go back to the smaller iphone screen. The screen itself is perhaps a little sharper than the Galaxy, but it's marginal.

I take lots of photos. The camera on the Galaxy was good. very good. So good, in fact, that I got rid of my pocket camera, something I'd never done with my earlier iphone (the 4). The iPhone 5s camera is better. Lovely crisp, clear. it's very very good indeed.

But you don't get the same control as you do with the galaxy. You can now adjust the exposure a bit, but the Galaxy's options got into white balance, film speed and a host of other details. Now, most of the time, when the inbuilt camera is so good, you can argue why you need the extra bits, but the Galaxy shades it there.

In terms of operating system then the main advantage of Android is flexibility. You can decide what your icons look like, how they are deployed, and there's a much wider range of customisations you can have. Want to have a shortcut to ring your husband/wife right there on the front screen? No problem. IOS is more a take it or leave it system. It works very very well indeed, but it will look like everyone else's looks.

Personally, I always found Android confusing and unnecessarily complicated. it has touches of genius - being so easy to see your mobile data usage, the swipe down to see so much control of the system, the ability to completely change skins etc etc. But the apps were less stable and it felt less polished less smooth. But I do miss the back button. And the FM radio

So, overall, I prefer the 5s. It screams quality and does everything you need it to. I have given it 5 stars. That is partially an emotional response because getting a Samsung Galaxy to play nicely with a mac is a real struggle. You need to download software (and I could never, ever get Kies to work). it was a pain in the backside. iPhone/mac is a dream.

So, without that, I'd give the 5s 4.5, but with it, it's 5 stars all the way.
on 6 May 2016
I only bought this because my Sony Ericsson had died, it was cheap and I felt like trying iPhone. It was good to begin with due to the novelty however Apple are a terrible company and try to take your money every chance they get. I would highly recommend anyone stick to Android phones.

The iPhone supplied by the seller was great, very good condition, couldn't complain at all.
on 30 June 2015
IPhone 5s, arrived locked, can't use phone, phone can not be used. fact: phone says locked on screen. Very poor quality control.
review image
on 3 June 2015
As usual, a five-star review for a five-star product. What can be said that hasn't already about the iPhone. Sure, Apple has its' flaws, but show me an electronics company that doesn't (Samsung? Pah!). Stick with the best - you won't go far wrong.
on 14 November 2015
I bought this new on the 13th October. On the 13th November it stopped working. My provider (O2) have sent it back for replacement or repair. I just hope that they repair and replace quickly. For a top phone, I think it leaves much to be desired.
on 3 January 2014
Excellent Seller, reached on time. Product as described, neatly packed and as always iPhone is a great product to use