Style Name: RM Seies|Size: 650W|Change

on 21 August 2016
First unit needed to go back as no power was going to the 12v rail for the MB. Amazon cross shipped a replacement and all went in perfectly.

I run an aircooled FX-9590 CPU and 2x970's in SLI with 10x2Tb drives. This is all air cooled with 10 fans in Corsair 540 case. This was purchased to upgrade from my EVGA 650w PSU as I needed extra SATA power. I cannot fault this and she does the job very quietly and I have power and power connectors to spare.

Very easy to install, cables are long enough for path options in my case. Others have noted that they are stiff, but I think that helps and they are still easy to work with.

If you are wavering, buy this. You won't regret it, and it's only a few quid more than a 750w that you may regret buying if you are going to upgrade to more powerful components in the future. And the warranty doesn't hurt either.
on 19 September 2015
A very, very easy 5 stars. It's quite difficult for a PSU to 'wow' you since ultimately it just provides power for your PC. If it works well you won't notice it which inevitably means the PSU is often overlooked. I don't have the tools to vouch for voltage regulation & ripple but the reviews I've seen show this PSU is exceptional at both.

I can give some subjective opinions though. The PSU is absolutely silent, even with the fan on I simply can't hear it. A lot of PSUs claim to have 'quiet' fans and 'temperature controlled' fans; but this one really does do both wonderfully well. The regulation re. crosstalk also seems to be exceptional. With an EVGA PSU coil whine from the GPU would cause noise on my headphones using a SoundBlaster Z. With the Corsair PSU there is no noise at all - just clean crisp audio.

The 'i' part of the PSU means you can monitor it via Corsair Link. The software itself isn't the greatest from a user experience point of view, but it does work for the most part. It seems like a small thing, but monitoring the power usage and efficiency is a strangely satisfying thing to do. You can see just how much more power an overclock uses compared to stock, or just how much power your PC is using at idle for example. The connection is via a cable that connects directly to a USB 2.0 header on your motherboard resulting in a very clean installation.

In short I'm absolutely thrilled by this PSU and can heartily recommend it.
on 6 November 2014
Nice power supply, I was upgrading from a BE Quiet unit as I was worried about it struggling with a new graphics card, and also because I really wanted a fully modular PSU.

The unit itself is very smart, arrives in a nice box.

The fan doesn't turn on under normal load which is a bit off putting but sure enough everything is working fine anyway. Would really like to have the corsair controller add-on to see what it;s up to but cant see me swinging that by the boss any time soon :)

The cables provided are nice, neat, black and pretty inflexible, this proved a problem even with my large case but at least they are a nice uniform black, even if you cant shove them into any nooks to hide them they are a lot better looking than the red/yellow/black ones you normally get.

You get a good selection of cables, I didn't use them all even with 5 sata devices and numerous fans in the case.

Overall pleased, utterly silent and installed with no issues at all, love the little touches like cable ties and screws being included
on 20 August 2014
Very quiet PSU. Recommend to everyone who is looking forward to upgrade.
review image
on 2 February 2016
Good product if you build a quiet PC. The fans only kicks in over 40% load so about 240W. In my case It never spinned i as I have i5-4690K and GTX 960 so the wattage load while gaming is just below 240W.

The bad side is that this PSU uses cheap low quality capacitors and it makes an electrical noise.
on 11 August 2015
I bought this item as my old psu conked out, this was a magnificent choice as a replacement (I initially only wanted the 7 year warranty however some of the other features impressed me)
The looks are amazing, the aesthetics are beautiful and fit very well with any build considering it's neutral white colour.
The features are spectacular, having some which I never believed I would use, however are now regularly used such as 'Corsair Link' which allows me to monitor every piece of hardware and how much energy it is taking.
The build quality is absolutely top notch and I was shocked at how well the packaging was, it came in a standard box, inside a box, inside a box (boxception) inside of a magnificent velvet bag.
I would recommend this power supply to anybody contemplating it as an upgrade or as part of a new build, it is silent and very efficient.
review image
on 6 December 2015
Fantastic PSU. Its cables are all modular, meaning there's no mess inside your computer. It also turns off the inbuilt fan when not needed, which means it is literally silent: I have a pretty powerful setup and I don't think I've ever heard it spin up. If it ever did, then the graphics card noise was covering it. Not only is it quiet, it also means a lot less dust being sucked into your workings. Some people may need the PSU fan for airflow through the case, but then again if you are looking for a 1000 W PSU, you won't be one of them.

I'm running an old power-hungry i7 and a stock-overclocked R9 390X graphics card, the latter of which can draw a monstrous 300 watts just on its own. I also have a stack of hard drives for a RAID. This PSU doesn't even break a sweat. Like I said, I've ever been conscious of the fan even starting up. My previous PSU, a 700 watt one, wouldn't even attempt to power that lot: I couldn't even boot.

Not much else to say, because it was so easy to install and has been so reliable. The software for it is pretty average, but necessary only if you buy other Corsair products, like a fan controller; everyone else can safely ignore, although it can be fun or useful too see how much power each of the rails is drawing. Be aware you'll need a spare internal USB socket for this functionality however.

I only have one monster graphics card, but I think if I added another I probably still wouldn't come close to stressing this thing. If you have multiple drives, devices, cards or whatever, this PSU has easily enough cables for them all, and enough juice to back it up.

I have absolutely no negatives to mention, not even the price. It isn't cheap but in terms of quality, you get more than you pay for.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2014
Holy Crap! This PSU easily is the best in it's price range (£130) and far exceeded my expectations of it. Firstly I can't hear it... Literally it's silent most of the time due to it's zero RPM function which is nice when you are just chilling watching videos or surfing the internet...Plus I am a noise noob my rig has to be silent ;). So after running a game or two I still can't hear it....is the fan running? Has it been running the whole time? Who cares I can't hear it so win win either way! Second the Gold efficiency rating meaning you get around 92% of the power coming from it which is dam good and saves you money. There is a small niggle and it's the cables although there beautiful in pure black they are stiff as holy hell.... Literally forcing them in to the shape they needed to be in was a little frustrating but hey I don't need cable ties now because of how stiff they are so there's a plus I guess. And finally the build quality...Like everything else I have brought from Corsair the quality is amazing and looks professional and built to last so I can imagine you will sitting happy with this PSU for years to come. Not much else to say apart from 'Why haven't you brought it yet?' 5*
on 16 November 2014
My RM750 unfortunately died after 2 months of usage. However, within the decade of using Corsair products this is only the second time I've ever had a faulty PSU. In fact my original CX650 is still used in my office computer. Presenting my Amazon receipt to Corsair themselves prompted RMA, in which I had a replacement within a couple days, not bad for overseas service!

The product itself is great, being full modular means very little cabling. This is great because I was building a new system to go in an NZXT H440 and all my hardware sports a black and red theme. I wanted minimal cabling as the H440 has a decent window and I naturally wanted the system to look badass. The PSU's black finish and black cabling helps it blend in nicely where cable management was concerned.

I still have plenty of cables left over and I didn't experience a scenario where I was short of a certain cable either, however it's worth noting I run a single GPU, 1 SSD and 1 HDD. so my requirements are quite small.
on 2 April 2016
Nice PSU. Fitted ok into a dell xps 8700. Took a while to figure out the modular cables (one actually splits into two (one going on the motherboard). Once it was in and powered up it's very quiet and during heavy gameplay with a new graphics card also I have not experienced any coil whine or over spinning CPU fan. Highly recommended.