on 18 March 2017
I must be reading too many of these type of stories, I had the just of the story sussed by the second chapter. Tragic tale made all the more real by the knowledge of the facts of mental illness. A good read that I would recommend to anyone.
on 19 August 2017
What a wonderful interesting book .I was lost in it from the start and was waiting for the outcome. Anne
on 20 May 2017
Good
on 6 March 2017
Good read
on 15 June 2017
Good
on 21 March 2017
A gentle stroll crossing the paths in the life of a very successful married couple, with increasing twists and turns to the very end (tissues may be required).

Medium paced, enough to want to read daily with a cracking ending.
on 3 April 2014
I didn't like the ending of this book. It was very muddling, Jumpimping around in time. I really didn't enjoy it.
on 16 April 2014
Read in one sitting, cried like a baby at the end, fantastic book. Didn't see the end coming at all.
on 20 May 2014
Brian and Diane have been married for 12 years. Both have good jobs, and are still progressing in their careers. They have always agreed that they would have children after 10 years, so when Diane finds out she is pregnant, they are initially overjoyed.

Diane starts to panic because of her family history - her mother suffered from post-partum psychosis and as a result there was a terrible tragedy when Diane was little. Terrified she will follow in her mother's footsteps, Diane has to come to terms with the pregnancy and with the realisation that history doesn't always repeat itself.

Or does it? The story is told by both Brian and Diane in alternating chapters. Diane's are written in the present and in the first person, so we get to see what's going on in her head. Brian's chapters are written from the time Diane found out she was pregnant, and in the third person - so we slowly get to piece the story together until it all comes to a devastating conclusion.

If you liked SJ Watson's "Before I Go To Sleep" I think you'll like this. It's an easy read - while I did guess one part of the story due to little clues early on, I never would have guessed the ending. The temptation to read forward or google spoilers was immense, but I think you should try and read it without spoilers. If you like a happy ending, I wouldn't recommend this one!
Absolutely loved this, it was gripping and a real page turner with many twists and turns. Having read Finding Emma and Emma's Secret I was certainly looking forward to this one and it didn't let me down. Even though, as you read this book, you know something isn't quite right but you cannot put your finger on it then things fall in to place as you read more. Would highly recommend.

Well done Steena, here's to your next.