Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 28 February 2015
If you like disney's cars or cars 2 or simply like cartoon airplanes, this one is for you. I wondered if Disney were going to make a film about planes but this one has succeeded beyond my expectations. There are also some good voices from familiar actors in this one, including two from the classical 1980s film Top Gun. I was absolutely surprised and delighted that they decided to provide their voices in this animated movie. There is also
some laughter as well, which is typical for all Disney animated film and that is why I liked them so much especially this movie.
on 15 April 2014
Don't bother reading the reviews on this movie, as they weren't very good. Our theory is that getting a toddler to sit in a cinema is a difficult one. But play the movie at home and it's a different story. Our son loves Cars, and he loved this even more. The graphics are better than Cars (as you would expect as technology moves on). The storyline is wonderfully heart-warming and it's amazing how much of the friendship and triumph over adversity messages a 2 year old can understand. Dusty is a really cute character, along with his friends. The bonus film is great for parents too, with the creators explaining why they made the movie, and love of planes. Plus each character (El Chupacabra and Ishani in particular) videos are cute. Although I am sure all designed to extract more money out of parents as spin-off films might be in the pipeline.
on 18 December 2013
The world of Cars meets Planes. Beautifully crafted as only disney can do with a gripping story and fantastic voices including a beautiful song from Priyanka Chopra for Ishani. The details the voices of Teri Hatcher (Superman TV and Bond), Cedric the Entertainer(Princess Bride), Val Kilmer, Anthony Edwards, Priyanka Chopra (big star of Indian Cinema and Singer) and John Cleese add to the characters make it a fantastic film to spend time with.

You can check bits out on You Tube if you are still not sure but Disney always produce the best of films.
on 3 April 2014
For me its no was as good as Car's.... but my kids love it and to be honest I enjoy watching it with them. Delivery was a little slow ... but overal recived well packed and the wait was well worth it to see the smile on my kids....
on 20 November 2013
Yes this film is basically the same as cars but with planes... I don't think it would take a genius to work that out, but its a children's film and both of my sons aged 2 & 4 love it and will be receiving diecast planes for Christmas.
on 12 January 2014
A good pre-order at a tenner, and despatched on time by Amazon, the price of it went down after I bought it and they automatically gave me a refund of the difference, what more can you ask for! Our 6 year old son has watched it twice since Christmas and seems to love it, we missed it at the cinema so have been waiting some time for the DVD, I think the long anticipation has left me a little disappointed. Had I realised the characters are basically the same as in Cars 2 (but planes rather than cars obviously!), I probably wouldn't have bothered to sit down with my children and watch. I expected more from Disney to be honest, having said that the characters translate well into toys and my son seems overall to have enjoyed both the film and toys.
on 5 March 2015
great animation and my children love the Cars films and have now become obsessed with the Planes and now want to go on a plane holiday,which they ask when they watch this film which is nice to see their enthusiasm .
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 July 2014
Planes didn't sound amazing when I first heard of it (everyone suggested it was merely a clone of "Cars") and they were pretty close to the mark. Problem was Cars wasn't bad, but it was far from the best Pixar had offered up animation wise (in fact most feel it's one of their weaker products esp with Toy Story standing out as one of their best)

Despite the fact Pixar is now owned by Disney, this production is made by "DisneyToon Studios" which is a different group of people.
Story wise it's very predictable (and honestly not as good as Cars) it just feels like a lower level re-run of that production. The animation is reasonably decent, though it doesn't have the polish and shine one would expect from a Pixar production. Honestly the humour and fun isn't really here either (it's not really funny, bar a few moments)

Cast wise, a bit of a mixed bag I'm not crazy about Dane Cook (Dusty Crophopper) though there are a few well known people such as Teri Hatcher (Dottie), Val Kilmer (Bravo) but Danny Mann (Sparky) is an experienced voice over actor and he's done voices for many animations. Not quite the top tier voice acting I'd have hoped for, and it's hard to attach to many of the characters in the film (not really much variation in appearance unlike Cars) The biggest issue is you've just seen it all before, and in stronger films so this will probably not go down well with adult film viewers (I got bored quite quickly)

It's an ok way to kill and hour and a half and kids aged 5-8 will probably like it. Older ones might find it a bit thin and nowhere near as funny as one would have hoped. My Son watched it and thought it was "ok" but no more than that. I'm going on his rating here hence the 3 stars. Worth a look if you are desperate for more animation films to add to your collection, but there are many more that should be far higher up your buy list.
on 24 February 2014
As animated movies go it was a very pleasant one to watch, though it didn't hold my kids attention in the same way others have,
But, if you want to keep the young ones entertained in the holidays or rainy days then its worth watching.
on 21 November 2014
I would give this a 2.5 star if it would let me. Didnt hold my daughters attention or myself for that matter. We enjoyed watching cars together but this was pretty much the same story line but with planes, so we were basically watching a film we fwlt we had already seen.