on 3 June 2017
Some edge of set moments and nice tension building up but this book didn't grab me like the author's other works.
Not having any experience of sailing unlike some reviewers, I wouldn't recognise any glaring technical faux pas, so not really an issue for me.
I know Bella the secretary is there for comic relief but why not have her carried off by trolls or elves.
Lovely writer but I must be getting soft, the ending in this was too much for me.
Got to say good value for money, can't grumble at the Kindle price.
on 21 May 2015
I like this author because she produces classic crime novels where the plot is kept firmly at the centre of the story. This has all the hallmarks of a 'locked room' mystery, except the crimes took place on a luxury yacht which limps into harbour with no-one on board. Thora Gudmunsdottir is hired by the family of one of the passengers and the story alternates between her investigation and events on the yacht seen through the eyes of that passenger. The two strands come together so neatly at the end, with a solution that I hadn't even begun to guess at.
on 21 August 2017
I have now read all of this series and the last two books were really dire. This one especially totally stupid and unbelievable. Don't waste your time or money. Thora became boring I just can't bear the thought of reading another word about her and her disfunctional, disorderly family.
on 23 August 2017
Carefully constructed and atmospheric. For my taste this was a rather ponderous story line, i found myself flicking through the historic chapters to move to the section told I the present moment of Thora's investigation. It would be interesting to see the character of Bella developed and allowed to mature through her experience of working in the law firm.
on 15 November 2017
Found this tedious and uninteresting. Characters lacked depth, story unlikely and convoluted. Actions taken by people that were not only highly unlikely but also next to impossible like the diving episode. Plot didn't hold attention. Ending annoying as it relies on new information that couldn't be reduced earlier through the story.
on 26 May 2017
Good story, well told. I can recommend it.
on 27 June 2017
Great story, kept me guessing to the end
on 10 May 2017
It may have been the translation, but I found this a tedious read, and was unimpressed by the final denouement
on 3 April 2017