on 9 October 2013
When James Blunt's 1st album appeared it was chock full of good songs with good stories being told. 1st albums tend to do this.....it's the backlog of (usually) years of writing. However, it's this "hurdle" which is usually the hard one to top and this is where James seems to be having a little trouble . Yes, the songs aren't bad............but they ain't that good either and seem to be relying on clever arrangements and production techniques to disguise predictable tunes with............predictable lyrics.
This is unfortunate because I do believe he has the ability and depth to turn out some really good stuff but the road he finds himself on at the moment is a tad bland.
James, it's time to turn off this highway and do some exploring.....Dig deep !!
on 2 October 2013
love amazon i have been listening to a couple of the new tracks from James blunt and loved them all amazon giving me a chance to listen for free is a bonus cant wait to get the the complete download when released until then i am more than happy thank you amazon for always giving us great music for free
on 9 October 2013
Thanks Amazon, great gift!!
James Blunt is a favourite artist of mine, and these 3 new songs did not disappoint, to me he is a one off, so lovely to hear every word, his No Sun On Sunday gave me the goosebumps!! looking forward to buying the Album Moon Landing.....
on 9 October 2013
I hadn't listened to James Blunt except for the songs on the radio.
I liked these three tracks, and I will pay more attention to JB in the future. The weakest track for me, is Satellites.
Very simple, very good, touching music.
on 11 February 2014
Another Brilliant album by Mr.Blunt. Well done James, all the songs are great. Your like Marmite, people either love your stuff of hate it and basically its there loss. Keep up the great writing.
on 9 October 2013
only song i liked was "face the sun" which is what the 3 stars were for the other 2 songs i wouldnt give 1 star for
2 people found this helpful
on 6 September 2017
Great job
on 16 November 2013
Enjoyed this ep as titled he is an amazing artist. bought this as a download, really has given me a new in site and interest in attaining music again.
on 15 October 2013
I like the studio versions of the songs but find that acoustic versions add an extra dimension to the ballads. Give sthem a more intimate feel, great.
on 6 October 2013
This was a nice taster to what could be up on his album, 3 very nice tracks, in my opinion track 1 is the best. He has a very distinctive style and as this was live it showed his talent very well, these 3 tracks coukd have been studio based. I would recommend this to any James Blunt fan.
One person found this helpful