on 6 June 2014
Having had a succession of mobiles, which would insists that I fit my requirements around their product, I have at last found one that is helpful.This mobile is easy to use. Both the print/keyboard and menues are easy to find and use. The amount of contact detail, which i can store means I do not have to cart about a PA gadget. It may not have all the bells and whistles, but it has all the ones, I want. It is so useful that I take trouble to remember to carry it with me. A compact and very useful gadget. Yes it can work with contracts or Pay-As-You-Go
on 27 July 2014
I purchased this for my wife as she previously had a Dorio clam shell basic phone with bigger keys and display which she really liked.

Having read the mixed reviews and comparing with other similar phone it was with some degree of trepidation that I placed the order.

I need not have worried as she loved the phone. I have now waited over a month before reviewing this item to see what glitches or concerns arose and none have.
on 31 March 2014
This item is less complicated to use than other smart phones and consequently is ideal for someone in my age group (Retiree)
on 1 July 2014
I love it its so easy 2 use
on 20 April 2014
Having decided to buy a new mobile to replace my old Motorola Clamshell I thought about exactly what I wanted. I am not welded to my mobile (unlike most mobile phone owners) and I just wanted it for the occasional use as a phone and sometimes (when necessary) as an "information source". Because I do not use the phone a great deal I am very firmly in the PAYG group of consumers and top-up when credit runs low. Having used the phone now for nearly a month I find that it really does all I wanted it for. I can make and receive calls and text messages very easily. The size of the text is perfectly adequate at the "small" text size setting (larger than on most other mobile phones) and the volume of the spoken word is good. I would like to point out that I have a 50% hearing loss but I can hear what is being said quite easily. Using the "Internet" and for email communications presented no difficulty whatsoever.
One word of warning - upon checking my PAYG credit on one occasion I found that £18 of the credit had been used in just three days despite not actually using the phone during this period ! When I queried this with the SIM card provider they checked their records and told me that it was due to internet activity over a three day period (when I didn't use the phone). They asked if "Data Roaming" was turned on and after following there instructions found that it was in fact on (which I didn't know). They told me that the phone could still be using the internet even though I was not physically doing the viewing. They suggested that I turn Data Roaming off most of the time and only turn it on when I actually require the Internet. Sensible - if belated advice.
Buying a protective wallet (or pouch) for the phone is not easy as the large sized Leather Pouches make a very tight fit for the DORO LIBERTO and tend to press the volume button on the side. I am still looking for a decent affordable cover.
I have no hesitation in recommending the DORO LIBERTO to anyone, especially those people with a slight hearing difficulty. I can see why it is aimed at the "elder population", but be assured that this is not just a phone for the elderly. It is a phone that is capable of much more than this basic function.
22 Comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2016
When you receive this phone, the first thing you must do after ensuring you are connected to the Internet wirelessly is go into the Doro Liberto's settings, to "Security", and to do a total "master re-set"! Doing a total master re-set results in the phone going through a procedure that lasts about five minutes and when it eventually re-boots it is likely to advise that a firmware update is available for installation. Agree to this!! Then the phone will re-boot itself again, and then advise that individual updates to many of the apps are available. Agree to these updates being installed. When all this is finished you will have an absolutely up-to-date smartphone that responds rapidly to all your commands.

So then with this impressive Doro Liberto 810 in your hands, make sure it stays in the same state. That means not tweaking too much of it, just the basics, to let it behave as it wants. However, another important thing to do is to make sure that it cannot automatically update itself and possibly wreck its current excellent condition. And the way to do that is to go to the Google Play store, then into Play's settings, to turn off automatic updating!

Also, remember that when you Contacts list on this phone needs a little tidying up, it's easiest to do that at Gmail > Contacts on the web, followed by going back to your phone and going into Settings > Accounts > Google and syncing the Contacts on your phone. This will result in all the tidying up you've done at Gmail on the web being sent to your phone.

This is a superb though simple little smartphone.
on 9 January 2014
I did a lot of research before I discovered the existence of this easy to use smart phone. It has not been widely publicised, no doubt because it is meant for a limited market.
However, for this 66 year old, it is ideal. I am slightly scared of new technology, but this phone is really user- friendly, and after two months, I feel that I am in control!
There are useful features such as a good volume control and easy to read text. The phone comes with useful apps, and you can get more from "Google Play". The phone has an in-built user guide.
An i phone it is not, but I am very pleased with it, and would certainly recommend it for the consideration of older users.
on 14 January 2014
Practical basic smart phone!
Needs some improvement such as being able to merge more than one email account, and needs some more processing power and a larger keypad!
22 Comments| 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 November 2013
This phone is incredibly easy to use. The display is clear and large so that it is easy to see with a touch screen that has just the right sensitivity. I really only use it for texts and phone calls as I use my ipad for everything else. Also although it is made for ease of use, it is not too large, quite slim and does not look like a phone for a particular market. I thoroughly recommend it.
on 1 August 2014
Been using it for a few months now and am getting a bit fed up with the time it takes to boot up, and the doro experience failing need to keep on restarting, rather disappointed,