on 26 February 2014
This is quite a small paperback and was covered with a kind of cellophane. This was good. The rest of the packaging was fine also. The pages though, I must admit to being surprised as to how many pages are used, how much space is wasted on each page for such little content.

Don't misunderstand, I am a firm lover of all things HP and happy I've purchased this little book of spells.
To explain my comment above.
Each page has sometimes 1 or 2 bold lined boxes with 1 spell in each box, sometimes in very large font - like size 20. This is fine but then there is - often nothing else - Let me give you a couple of examples to better explain what I mean..

1) In Healing Charms, Page 57, there is 1 box to fill the whole page with number 76 in the top right most corner. On the bottom of the page is written 'Episkey: Used to heal minor injuries'. And that is it on that page. Rest of the page/box is empty.
2) in section 4 'Hexes'. Page 94, there is also 1 box to fill the whole page with number 122 in top left most corner. On the bottom of the page is written 'Mutatio Skullus: Mutates the target (eg target grows extra heads).
These are only 2 examples, I won't bore the reader here with more as more are not required.

I don't know how much input the author 'Duncan Levy' has had with the creation of the paper back itself but I love the cover, and the fact that it's quite a quick reference book to find what you may be looking for.
I think I would prefer that the boxes had some kind of pencil drawing in them to give the reader something else to look at and ponder, but then again, if you enjoy drawing yourself the boxes are mostly 90% unused leaving you plenty of room to doodle or write extra stuff to your hearts content.
I would recommend the book but would also suggest you look for cheapest copies as I don't feel the book is worth £10.95.
On saying that, it is a lovely addition to the rest of the Harry Potter books on my shelf
Recommended - but find cheapest copy as £11 is way too much for this book.
on 24 November 2013
Having bought the book I was a little disappointed that the spells in the book could have contained a little bit more of a description
on 27 August 2014
Bought as birthday gift for my 10 year old son. He loves it saying it has all the spells you need. He says they have great descriptions
on 22 July 2016
If you are an adult who loves HP then this book is not for you, very little descriptions about the spell, a waste of paper frankly also missing spells like the bat bogey hex and the boggart vanishing spell. I would recommend this for children as it is easy to understand for them and is a something to do when bored. Not worth the money though a bit to expensive for what it is.
on 22 August 2016
I'd read other comments on this and was a little unsure but I purchased the book for my son and for his best friend for both their 11th birthdays and they both love it as a way of having a reference to all the HP spells
on 27 December 2013
I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to know about the spells in Harry potter. It's fired exactly what it says and gives you every spell we know in Harry potter.
on 1 June 2015
Fun novelty book for the HP enthusiast! My daughter loves it and spends hours practicing the spells and teaching her brothers!
The book was well packaged and arrived well within the estimated delivery time.
on 2 May 2016
This brilliant book is the ultimate guide to every spell in harry potter books and films. Before I read this book I thought it was impossible to list every single spell in the harry potter series. But I guess I was wrong!
on 5 September 2014
My boys are avid Harry Potter fans, this book has had them transfixed. I now get random statements telling me what different curses do and two boys "duelling" in the dining room! Lots of fun and interesting reading.
on 12 January 2016
We are having fun with it, but there is no way to tell you how to move the wand to make the spells like in the film, i know it's unofficial but i thought there could have been more illustration in the book.