on 9 March 2017
Excellent
on 17 December 2013
Given that genealogy demands the utmost accuracy, I couldn't help be put off by the typos - a lesson to be learned by authors and editors alike.

The premise was interesting and the story did tend to hold my attraction but I wasn't expecting the level of violence. Still, I would read more of the authors work.
on 2 January 2014
This was, in my opinion, not very well written, not very interesting and the characters were rather wooden and completely unconvincing. A pity since the concept was clever and it ought to have been gripping.
on 18 August 2014
Good,& very good. Exciting & in places gripping. . genealogical detective ,a bit of an anti hero! Would recommend it as a good read. Being set in new Orleans adds to it really.
on 9 January 2014
I remained interested throughout and liked the characters. My genealogy skills are rather lax, I now feel. I found his style a little wordy at first...but got used to it.
on 29 January 2014
It wasn't quite as fast moving as some other genealogical novels I have read recently but I learned a lot about New Orleans; the characters were well drawn.
on 10 May 2014
Long slow bit hard work. Too many paragraphs with long words saying very little, basic story not bad but could have been told in half the time.
on 13 August 2016
Interesting use of historical facts,paints a very descriptive picture o New Orleans and its society. Reading the next in series
on 22 June 2015
A good genealogical thriller that moves along well and keeps the readers interest.
on 11 November 2013
The combination of a clever plot, the right degree of complexity for the non-genealogist, and great characterisations held my attention from beginning to end.