Customer reviews

on 1 November 2013
Jeffrey Quyle has started another new series which shows great promise, like the Inner Seas Kingdom and The Ingenairii Series it begins with a male protagonist who isn't looking to be a hero, Marco is an alchemist which did put me off at first as i was a little worried that i'd find it boring.
Pirates, an island of women with no men, mermen, dolphins, plagues, douche bag nobles and hints of a big evil tat i'm sure will unfold in more detail in later books.
I'm intrigued to see where this series will go, Marco seems a more toned down charecter than the authors previous series (which I recommend although Ingernairi is heavy on the religion but still worth reading), and i have high hopes for the future editions to the Alchemy's Apprentice.
I would recommend this to any fan of fantasy who like a fully realized world and for me at least a new magic system that holds a lot of promise, the only reason I've not give this four stars is i felt that Marco's knowledge came a little too quickly for my liking but that's what happens when you become a gods Chosen.
on 6 April 2014
Great start to a new series. After reading the set of books starting with the healing spring that i enjoyed so much i was interested in reading more from this author and I have not been disappointed. Looking forward to the next book in the series