Format: Audio CD|Change

on 7 June 2015
Great value as are all these 100 hits compilations. As a Mobile DJ still using good old fashioned CD's in the main these give me a lot of tracks in a smaller space. Not all classic tracks of course but covers a lot of possible requests. Some great, some just good and few duff tracks, much like any compilation really. Free MP3 version is a bonus.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 December 2014
Like just about every other genre that I've purchased under the '100 Hits' series, '80s essentials' provides excellent song selections, sound quality and value. Spread across five discs, there are many big hits from the decade that you'll recognise instantly, but also some more obscure ones that you won't be so familiar with.

This is excellent retro music, with every track a version that you'll remember, by the original artist. I have felt conned many times when I've bought a compilation only to find cheap re-recordings and live tracks making up the track selection, but with the '100 Hits' series, there is no danger of that. I won't single out certain songs and artists, as we all have our favourites, but the track listing is on here, so judge for yourselves.
on 14 July 2016
Bought this after streaming it on prime for a few weeks, some great almost forgotten 80s treasures as well as popular singalong types. At a super bargain price, what's to complain about? Great for the car and vocal gymnastics, no leg warmers required!
on 1 January 2014
great value for money set, 100 tracks for £7.49, mp3 version. i bought this as there are some songs i have not heard for years, but then again there are some not so well known tracks on this also but as i said before its well worth it.
on 4 March 2014
I must be honest this collection of 80s is on all the time in the car and on my hi fi I love it
on 18 March 2016
Great value for money. I bought this for my wife - we both grew up in the 80's - and she loved it. I have to say though, there's quite a few songs on here neither of us have ever heard of so she ends up switching between the CDs constantly to skip those ones.
Still, for a fiver this is a great buy!

Disclaimer - I'm a heavy metal fan, so I won't comment on the music (I do like that Bucks Fizz tune though).
on 15 July 2016
As others have commented, a good mix with some forgotten tracks, which makes a change, and I agree, the sound quality seems very good. My only gripe is the dreadful cardboard cases that these 100 hits series use to package and hold the cds - getting the cds out can be a real pain and often ends up with the card casing ripping.
on 10 November 2015
Love it, great bargain and some great tracks that I haven't got on my other 80's compilations. All original artists :)
on 9 January 2014
love this cd, so many old faves from the 80's that are never found on the usual 80 compilation CDs. Awesome
on 17 January 2015
Lots of great and quirky tunes that you would not expect on an Eighties compilation