TOP 100 REVIEWERon 18 November 2013
Dave Edmunds has come up with another winner, which will sadly probably only be appreciated by afficionadoes of his beautifully played, soulful, good time rock and roll and won't garner many new fans due to a lack of publicity and radio play. Hope I'm wrong though because this album is well up to snuff, with only a couple of tracks not quite cutting the mustard to my ears. Covers of "Baby face" and "Return to sender", although they sound like they had a great time recording them, are just too familiar and I'd have to say unnecessary to add much to this collection. Much better is an instrumental "Your Song" and the album closer, the Alabama ballad "Another word for love". My highlights? The accordian inflected, cajun style rocker, "Half way down" is a treat. Following track "I got the will" is an insistent chugger, where Edmunds' vocals are heard at their best. "Standing at the crossroads" is a Quo-esque boogie - toe tapping goodness guaranteed. "Georgia on my mind" works best of the covers, whilst "I still love you" returns to the Cajun motif. You'd have to have a heart of stone not to enjoy this album.
on 23 November 2013
I have been listening to Dave Edmunds since 1967/8 and he still remains an enigma.How is it that this man has always been,in my opinion,never been taken seriously? Simple truth is that he is uncluttered and full of musical diversity. If the title track is given airplay it could be the Christmas hit of 2013! Buy this album you will not be disappointed.His best album since "Repeat When Necessary".
on 30 December 2013
When we heard that Dave Edmunds had a new CD coming out we pre-ordered.
Mainly all new songs he does indulge in putting in 'Standing at the Crossroads' which we have on another album, he also adds a few covers of other artistes; 'Return to Sender', 'Georgia on my Mind', 'Baby Face' all given the 'Edmunds' treatment and recorded brilliantly, 'Your Song' is an instrumental, Dave is a suberb guitarist and all songs are a pleasure to listen to.
We all have favourites though and 'I Love Music I think has brilliant words, the lyrics sum up someone who just loves music, as the title says. Who would have thought a songs lyric would contain the words 'Flats and Sharps, quavers, bars and rests' and also mentioning that 'A President has learnt to play the Sax', just brilliant.
All the music is recorded in the 'Dave Edmund' style, and according to the sleeve Dave plays all the instruments.
Yep a great one for the collection.
on 3 January 2016
A brilliant selection of songs, all well up to DE,S normal very high standard. My only gripe is that EIGHT of the songs have been lifted straight from 1994,s "Plugged In" . Devoted fans will want this latest set, to have the seven "new" songs but it's a rip off to force fans to buy the EIGHT SONGS again-as good as they are!!!)
on 1 December 2013
I've followed Dave Edmunds even before his great Rockpile days, loved his solo work, and with Nick Lowe (wish they could get recording together again, they were a great team!!) I also loved the work of Billy Bremner from Rockpile, and still collect his albums to this day, they are well worth a listen!
This is a great album, I would recommend it to all who love the Dave Edmunds sound, good old Rock and Roll!!!
on 19 November 2013
wow now that really was worth waiting for why oh why has it taken so long for an album i love it now we need a dvd from this great artist please someone get it together even old clips put together would be better than nothing hears hoping it will happen this album is great/////////////////
VINE VOICEon 5 April 2014
A collection of his more recent recordings. He really is a truly great tasteful guitarist. No slouch with his vocals too. I didn't think I'd be interested in another version of Your song by Elton John, but his instrumental is lovely. Highly recommended.
on 17 January 2014
I've been wating for some new material from Dave Edmunds for a long time as most of his fans have been as well. We feared this day would never come. But here is some new Dave Edmunds material. And to be honest, his absense from the studio is showing. Also Dave recorded this in his home studio with no other musicians, and to be honest, having some firepower from young guns would have made this a better album.
on 21 January 2014
chose this CD because it took me back to the 60's, as this was my era. If you like good guitar playing and rocking music would really recommend it. Fantastic
on 12 January 2014
Really enjoyable and a typically self-effacing effort; the songs speak for themselves and his passion glows through the performances. Nice one, Dai.