Customer reviews

Style Name: Owl|Change

on 30 January 2014
I do not think I have to write anything about how cool it is, if you are viewing this item, it is already obvious.
There are 2 tiny quirks I have noticed:
- Sometimes it leaks a bit, so you will either need to trim off the unwanted parts, or just practice further.
- When I face it on my plate, it looks way too cute. And, there is no other way into eating it, than making a decision whether I am cutting off its ears or legs. I just feel so sorry for the little birdie... ;-)
on 4 August 2017
For a while we've been looking for ways to make mealtime more exciting, it's so easy to fall into the routine of eating the same things repeatedly, but variety is the spice of life, and I like it spicy.

How I came across this product I have no idea, but as soon as I saw it I knew it was the mould for me. I ordered it and rushed to the shops to stock up on the supermarkets finest eggs in preparation for my favourite; Gammon, Egg & Chips.

I followed the instructions but could not a result anywhere like what the pictures showed. Now I know that marketing images and real life experiences very rarely add up, but at least you're usually close. The yolk escapes repeatedly into the white and leaves it looking a little "freaky". A great idea in concept and I've bought one as a novelty gift and the recipient loved it, but it just wasn't for me, the results weren't consistent or good enough to warrant using this regularly as a cooking accessory, more of an inconvenience and another item to wash.

On the plus side it works well as a spray paint stencil. But overall this wasn't as purrfect as I would have liked, leaving me to score it 3/5 Meows.
on 3 April 2017
A fun gift for my cat crazy friend
on 23 May 2017
really cool
on 7 May 2017
Out of all the mold ordered I was most looking forward to this (owl and robot also ordered). The owl and the robot arrived as expected in genuine F&F retail packaging but alas the skull did not. It arrived in a solitary clear plastic bag that has resulted in it being contorted. I'm not entirely convinced it's legit as the finish to the boxed molds are very different. Disappointed. I'll be returning the skull. Feel free to play spot the difference with the photos.
review image review image review image
on 5 January 2014
This is such a funny way to have breakfast and I am tempted to get the rest in the series :) be careful not to cook your eggs as usual in this and read the short instructions, as eggs need to be cooked slightly longer.
on 17 January 2014
It is well designed, and made from quality materials. But it can be tricky ensuring the egg albumen doesn't leak where it isn't intended. There is no doubt it is possible - but be prepared to make several 'roadkill' eggs before you master it.

However, it is a spectacular way to serve eggs, and children love it!
on 15 November 2013
It makes breakfast or other times of the day a bit of fun and is good for times when a ghoulish theme is wanted.
on 10 April 2014
I've often eaten fried eggs and thought to myself, this meal has something missing, this meal needs some kind of connection to my favourite nocturnal animal. Now I can combine my love of fried eggs with my love of Owls, a dream fulfilled!
on 17 February 2016
Drop the egg slowly into the mold you need to get the temperature right...What are you using gas or electric? Also for them that cant cook egg ""All you do is place aluminium foil over the frying pan so it cooks topside...Don't people know how to cook egg??? 😂😂😂😂