on 17 September 2014
I wanted replace our aging mechanical scales that were not easy to read. I wanted new scales that would fit a 29mm gap and had received consistent good reviews. After a couple of false starts with the sizing I was beginning o think that most scales were just too big. Until I spotted these, a well kept secret!

The are not the most expensive, they are not the most gadget laden, they are not flashy, they don't remember your weight, but what they do is give fairly accurate readings (I say fairly accurate, because I cant prove otherwise and it looks about right!) every time.

If you step on the scales and reweigh the reading (so far) is the same. One of the main complaints I have seen with digital scales. The display stays on for a few seconds after getting off the scales, so if really cant see or don't believe what you see on the large display you can take a closer look.

Being clear makes the scales blend in with bathroom nicely. You can choose between stones and pounds, lb's and Kg

If you are looking for a good reliable bathroom scale, don't spend twice as much, don't weight, get these!!
7 people found this helpful
on 25 March 2016
Arrived very promptly, a nice set of scales for under a tenner. The black toughened glass top would fit in with most bathroom schemes and the slim design makes them unobtrusive. The scales easily toggle through from Stones & Pounds to Kg or just Lbs in an easily readable LCD display, they come with a free battery and will happily sit flat on a standard 300mm x 300mm floor tile. My only reservation is that the glass could become slippery if wet although the suppliers do attach a warning label to that effect, so maybe not suitable for elderly people or young children unsupervised, otherwise a good product at a good price.
2 people found this helpful
on 16 January 2014
The package arrived wrapped in black plastic, the box was very wet and soggy - that would have been down to the postal service, weather and NOT the seller. I was pleased to discover that the item inside the box was wrapped extremely well in bubble wrap, and therefore undamaged by the wet box. The item is exactly as described, and even comes with a new battery, which is an unexpected bonus. It is indeed of a very 'slim' design, so it is very light in weight.

I bought this item as my previous electronic scales stopped working, and I hadn't weighed myself in months. I am of slim build, but I need scales to keep on track so I don't gain too much weight. When I first weighed myself on the Sentik Scale, I was horrified to see that I weighed 12lbs more than I thought I did! It was a shock, as I haven't gained that much weight in years. So I moved the scales to a different part of the room (tiled floor), and was surprised to see that I had instantly 'lost' 5lbs. Perplexed, kept re-weighing myself in different areas of the room. I lost and regained between 1-8lbs constantly. Now, I know that floors can be uneven, but even with my previous scales, my weight would only 'fluctuate' between 1-3lbs depending on where I placed the scales. Maybe I should dig out my spirit level... I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had the same issues.

I'm not going to return the item, as I can still keep track of my impending weight loss by weighing myself in the exact same spot every day. I will just have to make sure I know exactly where that exact spot is each time. I will obviously be picking the spot that makes me weigh the least ;)
3 people found this helpful
on 14 August 2016
if I could give it a negative rating, I would have opted for that. Absolutely pathetic and the worst scale you could ever buy for yourself. Still thinking of buying it,???? go and have fun, I can't stop you.

I bought this a while back, the initial scale rubber foot broke in the very first measurement, so the company replaced it for me after losing two replacements. In the end I thought I have a nice scale but guess what, the variation is +/- 4 kg. Which is really helpful when you are trying to shed off weight. And I am talking about when the measurement is done on a concrete floor. I used a basic one from Argos before which was brilliant, absolutely precise all the time.

So in the end, if you want to have fun in life, then buy this crap product. One day you will feel you lost weight and the other day you will be overweight. I will only recommend this to my worst enemy.
on 27 June 2014
I 'foolishly' chose the Sentik option here as I liked the slick look of the scales, however, I should have chosen the scales made by a company with a good reputation for weighing equipment! You know what they say, "you get what you pay for" . . . yes, the scales are stylish, easy to read etc., but they also vary within half-a-stone!!

I tried to fill in a return label, but couldn't? So, I contacted Amazon customer service and they said that I would be better dealing with the seller direct as it wasn't an Amazon product.

I contacted the seller and they said that I would have to return the item for inspection (fair enough) and to go and request a refund through Amazon's, 'request a refund' page . . . same, thing, I couldn't fill in a request?!!

In the end I gave up and have chalked it up to experience . . . in future, pay the extra for a 'good name' . . . shame, because they looked really nice in my bathroom!
|22 Comments|Report abuse
on 5 October 2017
Great service. Arrived days before the scheduled date. A great product. 100% happy.
on 13 April 2016
It is a pleasure for me to warn fellow users about yet another digital scale that will not last. We have had this scale for about 2 years and eventually the readout was partially missing so that we could not decipher our weight. Have now had to throw this junk away and have bought a more expensive set of Salter digital scales.
on 2 November 2017
Everything was perfect. The delivery was really fast. The scale working very well and the seller was really helpfully and friendly. Thank you so much.👍🏼
on 6 October 2017
Dose the job nicely
on 5 January 2018
Unfortunately these scales don't give you an accurate number, I stepped on it 1st it told me I was 11st 8lbs I stepped on again and told me 18st 12lbs which are both completely inaccurate to say I weigh somewhere around 14st. I would suggest getting different scales to anyone who is considering buying them!

See one answered question