Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.19

on 20 August 2014
It's been nearly a year since the albums release and having listened to it countless times since then I thought I'd post a little review, if only to echo the positive reviews this album already has. This really is a masterpiece of electronica. I've been listening to electronic music of all forms for the last 25 years and this has to be up there amongst one of the best. For me this easily sits along side the likes of Underworld, Slam, Fluke and of course The Chemical Brothers (from which in my opinion this album draws many similarities). Superbly produced and an epic collection of deep acid tweaks, driving beats, bass lines, filtered sounds, samples and vocals that creates a melodic, beautiful, atmospheric and moving sound, that is quite simply a joy to listen to. This album is an essential purchase for anyone who enjoys electronic music in any way shape or form, you won't be disappointed. My only concern … how will his next album improve on this!?
on 14 January 2016
An absolutely stunning album. With dark acid influences, this took me back to my youth. It still rarely goes without a listen on a weekly basis 2 years since buying it. The Fabriclive 66 mix is also well worth getting a copy.
on 25 April 2016
I adore 'Electronica' and this is mind blowing. Obviously influenced by Underworld, bits of Leftfield, FSOL, The Orb and loads more. This thoroughly deserved the full mark. However (for me) the album is ruined by Amazon leaving gaps between the tracks. Some of the flow has been lost. Surely this must bother music lovers out there. This is not the first album this has happened on. Amazon, do something!!
on 23 March 2016
Liquid synths and exquisitely programmed beats. This is a true classic in every sense, like some offspring of orbital and underworld at their very peak, this is works on headphones as well as in the club. Every track is a masterpiece, the title track especially. Every fan of true electronic music should own a copy.
on 28 June 2014
I was a latecomer to this, but it's likely to be my top music purchase in 2014. Avery has a knack of creating something that is both unique yet of a quality that lulls you into thinking it somehow familiar. Production values are terrific, no over-compression for the benefit of radio play, and the vinyl issue is the one to have if you have the replay equipment (and if you don't: drop me a line for help and advice!). More Of This Sort Of A Thing!
on 29 January 2014
Daniel Avery is definitely the one to watch in electronic music. Considering I'm 32, my favourite artists of the day were the Chemical Brothers, Underworld, FSOL and Fluke. This album reminds me of those times, when electronic music was wonderful and new to me. With each listen I get a nostalgia trip back to early Leftfield, Aphex Twin and Luke Vibert, the analogue sounds just have that wonderful feel to them, especially as hearing them now feels like someone has hit the reset button. Good long tracks, too. The art of the long electro track is a dying art.

I thought I was suffering from Electro burnout, but its albums like this that make me remember why I love it so much. With artists like FlyLo, Lorn, Shigetto, Tobin, Jon Hopkins, Burial, and now Avery pumping quality albums out, electro is the place to be.
on 7 January 2016
I bought this on the strength of the many positive reviews. I simply don't see what the fuss is about. It merely reminds me of dozens of albums I bought back in 1996 and that have long since gone to the charity shops. Cheesy, bleepy old thump, thump - which some people clearly like but I've definitely been there before. Comparisons with the likes of Underworld are preposterous.
on 4 November 2013
Unlike most albums in the electronic music industry, this is actually brilliant to listen to from start to finish.

Influences range from Chemical Brothers, Erol Alkan, Andrew Weatherall and Underworld to give a hugely varied album but one that has a constant 'flow' to it. The first half of the album is mostly songs released already, and they tend to be the more club-friendly tracks. But the second half of the album is where the talent really starts to show. Tracks like Simulrec and New Energy (Live Through It) are somehow groovy yet beautiful.Other highlights are 'All I Need' and the closing track 'Knowing We'll Be Here'.

Fantastic album from someone who is growing in stature both as a DJ and a producer. Buy it.
on 27 October 2013
With suggestive elements from different sources, from Detroit to Underworld, this lp is a varied and immediately powerful groove from the first listen. Looking forward to further listenings as there's interesting depth and touches too.
on 20 January 2014
Lovely album, this.

Very obvious Detroit & Acid influences, good mid tempo beats, lovely production & I love the track 'New Energy (Live Through It)', which reminds me, personally of early OMD - which is a very good thing indeed.

One of my favourite albums of 2013.