on 28 April 2017
suitable for purpose but still very expensive considering you only really need to replace the bulb rather than the whole unit 99% of the time
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 31 October 2017
Did the job
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 4 November 2013
Not only was this lamp £30 cheaper it was better quality. Very bright bulb and my tv is now fantastic. Fast Free delivery. Packaged well and I will be keeping this lamp on my wish list.
on 17 August 2016
As the headline states; I purchased this over one year ago and the bulb still works.

I was apprehensive about purchasing this, but I didn't want to pay a huge amount from Sony. And I am so glad I find this bulb on Amazon.

I remember remarking on how bright the television picture was after I fitted the new bulb. So my old bulb must have been slowly dying for a while !
on 1 June 2016
After 8 years of enjoying my Sony TV, the projector lamp gave out. It was mentioned these lamps last up to eight years - it was right on the money. I began searching for a suitable replacement. I discovered this candidate and went for it. Installation was a breeze and I haven't had any problems since. I got this lamp about 18 months ago.
on 4 April 2015
Super fast delivery to the UK that I was very impressed with and packaging was superb too...part fitted and works fantastic...like having a new TV...would definitely use again and I 100% recommend this seller...price of just over £42 with p+p included was money well spent...well done and thanks again...:)
on 11 January 2014
This says what it does on the tin. My Sony projector TV needed a replacement lamp so I ordered this one. Popped it in and voila TV picture very good quality avoided the cost of a £2000 TV. Thank you very much.
on 30 August 2016
Lamp worked less than 2 months and just blew up which is nothing near previous lamps (over 3 years each of daily usage). Absolute waste of money, do not recommend this at all. Looks like cheap fake product.
on 2 April 2016
It worked for about 5mins, no joke, then it went off (The TV) When I went to restart I got the 3 red code error (That means lamp failure) After 5 mins lol... Learned my lesson buy original. Dont be cheap!
on 8 October 2015
I am happy that it was just a change of lamp needed, as I was duly worried it may have been something that had caused my 50 inch Sony HD Bravia to not display any picture or sound at all. Having gently hoovered out the dust and blow out the ventilated panel on side of TV, I applied rubber gloves before handling the lamp and had also found a link on youtube that really helped me to understand what i needed to do in changing the lamp. Brilliant all done, TV's operable again....only slight problem but minor, is a streak that runs through the picture on screen. I hope this will fade over time. Sony customer services were very unhelpful, especially as I had no warranty as it has expired...they could even advise me or provide suggestions....be mindful of this if a problem occurs with your Bravia TV...