on 1 July 2017
It's not as good as you'd expect it to be. The well known Chase and Status songs are the one hit wonders on this LP.
on 21 August 2017
good album ,prefer previous efforts
on 11 July 2017
Great
on 7 August 2017
all good
on 11 October 2013
I really liked More Than A Lot when it was first released. It provided a unique twist on different aspects of drum and base and dubstep that worked really well. This is the same kind of concept, but this time Chase and Status are revisiting some of the classic dance movements that have taken place over the last 20-30 years or so. Count on me is a brilliant rave track reminiscent of some of the Prodigy's earlier work, but with a more modern twist. On the note of the Prodigy, there is even a sample from Charly on the track Deeper Devotion. I love the Prodigy, so from my point of view it is a definite plus point that this album is clearly influenced by one of my favourite artists.

I also picked up a bit of a DJ Shadow style vibe from some of the tracks, especially with regards to some of the more experimental/hip hop influenced tracks. Cheers to Chase and Status for also dropping a garage track in there as well (Blk & Blu), that really took me back! :)

The reggae vocals on some tracks I am not so keen on, but that is just my own musical preference. There are some tracks on the album I am not completely sold on, but that is usually the case with most albums.

I think if you are around 30 or over, you will probably appreciate this more than if you are much younger or aren't familiar with some of the older influenced tracks. Although saying that, this album could introduce you to a whole new range of older dance music you never even knew existed.

Not a perfect album, but there are some really decent tracks on there that make it well worth the money in my opinion. If you want more of More Than A Lot, then this probably isn't the album for you. If you have a more varied taste when it comes to dance music, then just skip forward to track 3 and enjoy the album!
on 4 November 2013
Not on the level of the two previous albums but worth a listen none the less. Personally being a fan a the deeper sounds such as saxon and the very dance centric, no problem and smash tv I most enjoyed, Machine Gun, Gangsta Boogie and both mixes of International. Not a fan of either Moko songs or blk and blu which was awful live in nottingham, but alive, lost and not found and heaven are all decent additions. the rest is average filler for me.
on 9 October 2013
I am a big C&S fan and have seen them live on more than one occasion. The way they transcend the different forms of dance music and serve up a unique yet post modern take on the genre is what I like best about them. For me they're the Prodigy of their day and although this album isn't perfect I am very happy with it. I think it suffers from a little over ambition at times but when it gets it right with the x2 single releases to date it really nails it. For me the Pusha T song is poor but that's down to me being a Clipse fan and expecting more from him on this. They could have got anyone to do what he did with that song.

I like the remixes, especially the Andy C mix of the latest single.

I recommend this album to one and all. As a previous reviewer put it - instantly accessible.......
on 18 December 2013
Worst thing C&S have done to date. Not quite sure what they were thinking. It;s like a showcase of genres they have painted by numbers.
on 4 April 2014
For those who wanted pure drum & bass, you were always gonna be disappointed - all 3 LPs have been really diverse dance records. This is different to the last two, but as much fun as 'More Than A Lot' and as assured as 'No More Idols'. If you liked both or either, what's not to like here? Basically a big collection of loving nods to the Old Skool. Maybe you have to have been an 18 year old numpty stood in a muddy field in the 90s to truly get why this is such a good album, and it might be sentimentality, but it takes me back and I like this record 'more than a lot'!
VINE VOICEon 16 October 2013
Chase and status have always been one of those annoying acts for me. Some of the tracks they've released have been absolutely amazing. Blind faith springs to mind! However, their previous albums have been a bit heavy on the tracks I just want to skip. Having heard two tracks from this album, lost and found; count on me, I was very excited to hear it and to see what direction C&S have gone in this time.
First impressions? This is a very varied offering. If you like the aforementioned tracks you will PROBABLY like the album. They're not all like the tracks released as singles. Pressure ft major lazer is very basement jaxx like, and blk & blu could easily be mistaken for Artful Dodger in its uk garage feel. Deeper Devotion has a 90s dance feel to it. The standout tracks are definitely the ones already released, and the rest although not as good, are not tracks to skip.
All in all this is a very good, varied, well produced album. I love count on me, it's one of my tracks of the year, but I wouldn't want to listen to a whole album of similar stuff. This is definitely am album you can listen to all the way through, but just keep an open mind!