on 1 August 2017
This is not my usual type of book and it sat in my kindle carousel for quite a while but I have just finished reading it and found it thoroughly entertaining. I have now bought the other two parts of the trilogy. The story is of poor Irish immigrants in 1950s Liverpool and has wonderfully warm and real characters who stick together through all their hardships. Highly recommended.
on 15 September 2017
Four Streets is a really excellent read. Telling the story of the Irish Catholic community in 1950s Liverpool in Four Streets it really psinted a picture of what life was like in thst era. At times I found myself in tears. Having read this I know want yo read what happens to Kitty so will be downloading thd next story.
on 5 March 2017
Took a couple of attempts to get into the book, of which I did a third of the way thorough. Definitely worth reading and couldn't put it down once I did get into the story.
A story of a strong Irish community that get each other through poverty and hard times.
on 16 March 2015
Beautifully told you really hear the voices. Fall in love with the true meaning of community and the working class Irish. The goods old days have a lot to be thankful for even though the hardship. All this an more in the book again beautiful
on 3 May 2014
I don't usually bother with these family type books too much same old. But this caught my eye written by Tory member of parliament and reality tv star Nadine d. At a bargain price twenty pence, really good dark book. Only complaint by the end had read enough about the saintly dead mum of one of the girls. Turned up in every important scene. Look forward to book two
on 1 June 2017
Must be honest at the beginning I didn't think I would like it. After a few chapters, couldn't put it down. An extremely good read.
on 6 June 2014
What a brilliant book, I got hooked from the first page on my kindle and couldnt put it down and ended up reading the whole book in one sitting. The characters were excellent and i really could relate to them and the storyline was very clever with its twists and turns.

I highly recommend it:-)
on 18 June 2017
Bought this for my grandmother, unable to read anymore due to failing eyesight, she absolutely loved this audio-book and the story
on 8 June 2014
What a fantastic book I couldn't put it down it had me gripped from page 1 - highly recommended it gives a very good insight into how life was for the Irish immigrants in Liverpool and anyone of Irish descent will thoroughly enjoy this book. I cannot wait to read Nadine Dorries next book
on 20 August 2015
Totally loved the book. It reminded me of how communities used to be in the 50's and 60's. Well written and the move between the different characters was smooth. Will be reading other books by this author.