Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Tokio Myers Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 28 February 2014
I live a fairly mobile life, so I have been using a laptop for my mainstream computing for around 10 years now. I've previously owned HP Pavilions, and a PB Easynote, all of which have been good (They were all relatively high end at the time I bought them). This laptop however, has really made me happy so far (despite Windows 8!!!). It is very fast to boot up, has had no issues with software installations (Windows 8.1 upgrade, Office installation, etc), has a nice keyboard, and runs my favourite games smoothly at high graphic settings. The touch screen is a potential added bonus, as I didn't particularly need one, but it was hard to find a better laptop with or without touch screen for the same money. The lack of a DVD player is a bit odd, but if I really miss it I can always buy an external one. The machine is very slim and light, feels well built, and so far I have yet to come up against a downside. I was dreading the move to Windows 8, but once I did the free upgrade to 8.1 and changed a few settings so I went straight to the desktop, it hasn't really been an issue.

All in all, a very good laptop for a good price. I can happily recommend it!
on 8 February 2014
It's sleek! Fast! Although, the 15" might be too big for some, I think after a while, one would get used to it. The touchscreen is also great. What more can I say, it's in bed with me right now! My official new best friend.
on 2 February 2014
I have had a few laptops in the past but non that have lived up to this one perfect for me and the cost was good not matched anywhere i checked would recommend to anyone
on 14 December 2013
I realised it's NOT an HD display - it's a regular 1366x768 display

It's a good spec otherwise - good CPU, touch display, etc, but the screen resolution just doesn't do it for me
33 Comments| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 April 2014
I've had this laptop for over a month now and whilst the spec is good I'm now beginning to regret my purchase - here's why...
Firstly the good bits...
- OK RAM
- Large hard disk
- Great sound
- Love the illuminated keyboard
- 4 USB ports

Now - the poor design features.....
- The activity lights are on the left - so you can't see them
- The keyboard sinks around the DFG keys
- There is no DVD drive - so you have to buy and carry around an external one
- There is no Windows 7 option
- There is no VGA port to connect to old projectors - so you have to buy a USB VGA adaptor
- There is a single headphone/mic socket instead of the usual 2
- The fingerprint reader ONLY works with Internet Explorer
- The screen is highly reflective - so you'll need an anti-reflective sheet

But by far the biggest problem is that the keyboard often drops letters.
This has also been reported by other professional reviewers so it is not just a fault with mine.
I type fairly quickly, and so far, in typing this review, I have had to stop and retype 8 letters again. And this can be easily demonstrated - just press a key quickly (fully, but not heavily) and it will simply not register - you have to really thump the keys down and do it at a slower speed than a proficient typist will want (and yes - I've played with all the available keyboard settings.
HP needs to sort this.

And don't trust the reviews on the HP web site - they take down or don't publish reviews like this !
33 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 May 2014
The amount of storage and processing speed packed into this £800 notebook is amazing. The touch screen is novel, but fun when you do happen to use it. Definitely worth it!
on 18 May 2014
really like my new laptop. easy to use very clear picture screen quality. mouse not too good for some type of games but fine for most .
on 25 November 2014
Excellent
on 3 January 2014
The machine is very good, well built, fast and has an excellent display. My only criticism is that it came with Windows 8 which does not suit my way of working.
33 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse