on 9 October 2014
as expected love it was delivered in quick time as well no complaints
on 26 December 2013
I saw this laptop at many other stores however at a much higher price so I was amazed. I was worried about delivery but all was packed securely so nothing breaks and it's a very fast delivery. I've now had the laptop for 2 days its absolutely amazing to use and I can't believe how much it's improved from an older HP Laptop with Windows 7 I had - this is a faultless laptop and is suitable for anyone - a computer nerd or someone who has never used a laptop before.

UPDATE 30th December 2013: Still going well - however as like most touch screens I recommend you buy a microfiber cloth (But you don't need to buy any solutions or chemicals to use along with it). I wouldn't bother buying from Amazon however go to your local Tesco and pick some up for less than £1. The actual laptop is fast and with the Windows 8.1 update I completed the other day the speed has improved massively. I like the fact that Windows 8.1 has split screens which the user can change to be different sizes instead of fixed like Windows 8. Once again I really cannot fault this amazing laptop.
88 Comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 April 2015
Bought this laptop in Janurary 2014 after my older one was stolen. How amazed I was at the speed, the keyboard, the quiet fan and the touchscreen. I can't fault this laptop, its well built and has lasted all the knocks and bumps I've put it through.

The touchscreen is smooth and works amazingly with Windows 8.1. Now, whenever I am near any screen, my hand instantly goes up to poke the screen, and my disappointment every time theres no touchscreen just proves how useful and user friendly it is. I would difinitely recommend it.

I am considering buing another one of these now.
on 26 February 2014
I BOUGHT THIS HP TOUCHSCREEN LAPTOP FOR MYSELF! AS THE ONE I HAD WAS THE WRONG TYPE. IT IS JUST WHAT I WANTED, IT HAS EVERYTHING I NEED ON A LAPTOP.
on 28 January 2014
I was concerned that the 4GB of Ram may be insufficient, but after using it for a few weeks I've not really felt the need to upgrade it.

Windows 8 takes a little getting used to, but I think it would have been much harder if it wasn't for the touchscreen. It's so easy to swipe in from the right of the screen for settings etc, or swipe in from the bottom to customise or see the full list of programs etc.

It starts up in around 15 seconds, with full internet connectivity happening maybe 15-30 seconds after once the wifi connects. But you can be file hopping and whatnot very quickly.

Good laptop. Good connectivity. Have had no regrets.

AND... Before you start transferring files onto it, you can upgrade to Windows 8.1 free of charge from the windows site. It's about 3GB downloads, but its added functionality.
22 Comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2015
So far this laptop is working like a dream. It was very easy to get it running. The touchsmart part works perfectly even though I keep forgetting it has it as I am used to use a mouse. Images are crystal clear and the laptop is perfect for watching movies. We don't have great wifi upstairs and I use TP Link - the laptop has the required port. It looks good, it works great, all together a very impressive laptop!
on 23 March 2014
Well, what a great laptop! Never mind the price, the laptop would be amazing even if it was twice the price. Touchscreen is very responsive, sound is brilliant (loud too) and the memory you get with this laptop is amazing! 1TB!!! I have had no problems running multiple tasks, has no problem streaming both 720p and 1020p video on YouTube. Visually, the laptop is great, shiny black base with a chrome finish. Would highly recommend this laptop!
on 3 March 2014
I'd been looking for a touchscreen laptop for some time but didn't think I'd find one at such a good price for a reasonable spec. Bit more RAM would have been nice but overall excellent value for what you get.
on 23 May 2014
For the price you can't go wrong. Much easier with touchscreen rather than using touch pad or mouse. Would recommend.
on 27 January 2014
Bought for my 11 year old.Fabulous laptop. Has a sleek and shiny look with the finish to the outside and is also a really great piece of technology. The touch screen really is something special and makes the whole thing so easy to use. Very very impressed so far.