on 8 May 2014
I was given this laptop to replace one that was stolen and fortunately for me, the specifications far surpass that of my old laptop. The screen is huge. You don't think two inches will make much difference but they really do (I'm sure there's a joke there somewhere but it'll take a brighter mind than mine to figure it out).
The high Ram, which is double what my old laptop had, allows the machine to run high maintenance applications such as video editing software or games like a dream. So far it hasn't made a sound whilst my old Toshiba would be screaming from it's fan vents and burning a hole in my leg.
A terabyte of memory is more than enough for any casual person to use for music, films and other stored files and three usb ports (including a special super charged one for boosting power to your phone) is also sufficient.
A bluray disc player seems somewhat obsolete considering my use of Sky go and Netflix but it's always nice to know it's there.

Problems I have come across so far;
Due to the large size, the keyboard is located far from the edges, meaning when the laptop is on my knees while lying down as it is now, the angle can make typing slightly more difficult.
The power lead could be longer. It's a pedantic complaint but an extra half meter would be nice.
Not naming names, since I don't know any, but some genius decided the best place for the speakers would be on the bottom of the laptop at the back. When any sound is played it's muffled unless the volume is turned right up. If any Asus employers are reading this: put the speakers just under the screen above the keyboard. I'm currently a student and therefore unemployed so feel free to employ me as of next summer.
Using headphones or external speakers is the best option and I have no complaints when using either.
One other problem that isn't the manufacturer's fault: Windows 8 is one of the most infuriating thing's anyone has ever done ever. It's fairly easy to get used to but occasionally it'll pull something out of the bag that'll make you want to punch a wall, or Bill Gates if he wasn't so damn lovely.
If possible, get windows 7.
on 25 October 2014
This has turned out to be a very good purchase; performs very well; regrettably came with Windows 8 - I would have preferred an easier earlier version to use; there seems to be a trend to make operating programmes more and more complicated and difficult to use - but that's not the machine's fault!
on 4 February 2015
I got this a recon unit. The first one sent, shall we say had slipped through quality control. It was returned within 30 mins of opening. The 2nd laptop sent was superb. Fantastic machine for the price I paid in march 2014. Very happy but after the 1st one was returned
on 18 December 2014
it arrived on time. delivery excellent. i am having a few problems with the laptop tho... i find the mouse is not accurate and is extremely frustrating, as it doesnt go where it should, the wifi connection keeps dropping, andthe sound is muffled. the screen size is great. the picture quality is not fantastic but that may be because of the size.
on 7 January 2014
Fantastic laptop at a great price. Nice big screen which now negates the need for a TV in my son's room also
on 17 June 2014
This is a lovely notebook. Lightweight and the display is very clear. Struggling with Windows 8 though (upgraded to 8.1). Why does Microsoft have to change things so dramatically!
on 6 August 2014
GOOD LAPTOP, LARGE SCREEN FOR CAD WORK BUT WINDOWS 8 HAD TO GO.
on 2 February 2015
Screen size about right for a desktop replacement, fast and easy to love.
on 23 August 2014
Excellent
on 21 October 2013
I MYSELF HAVE AN ASUS LAPTOP OF THE SAME SIZE SCREEN,BUT IM NOT SURE HOW MANY USB PORTS ARE ON THIS LAPTOP ITSELF,AND IF ITS GOT A CRAD READER AS WELL,AS IM AFTER A LAPTOP WITH A MULTI-CARD READER WICH CAN READ SSD CARDS AND PHONE CARDS AND ALSO CAMERA CARDS AS WELL,A SI USE A USB CARD READER MYSELF,BUT IT WOULD BE HAND TO BUY A LAPTOP WICH COMES WITH A CARD READER FOR ALL CARDS,AND THAT SAVE S ME USING A USB CARD READER,AND I HAVE TO MOBILE PHONES AND BOTH TAKE DIFFERENT CARDS,ONE IS A SONNY ERCICSSON W850I AND THE OTHER ONES A SAMSUND D600,AN DTHAT TAKES A MUCH SMALLER CARD,BUT I DONT HAVE A CARD READER WICH CAN TAKE THAT CARD,AND DO LAPTOP WITH MULTI-CARD READERS TAKE ALL TYPES OF PHONE CARDS,AS I MYSELF DONT KNOW.
FOR THE PRICE OF THE LAPTOP,I WOULD SAY ITS A GOOD BARGAIN.
AND CAN YOU PLAY NORMAL DVD ON A BLUE RAY PLAYER AND HOW GOOD ARE THE SPEAKERS.