Customer reviews

As One
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 February 2014
As One's success was diminished by the albums that surrounded it. Ladies Night, Celebrate and Something Special (also just remastered with bonus tracks on BBR) were platinum sellers. In The Heart and Emergency followed this and went stratospheric! So this albums often gets forgotten. But Big Fun, Ooh La La La and Hi De Hi, Hi De Ho were fantastic singles for the band and the rest of the tracks, which I had not heard before are consistently good.

The liner notes (with an interview with producer, Eumir Deodato) and the mastering are top notch. Extremely glad I got this.
on 12 August 2016
As other reviewers have pointed out: this Cd sounds compressed and dull. Don't buy it, I regret that I did as the completist I am.
on 24 April 2016
Poor recording sounds bad
on 19 February 2014
Compared to the japanese remaster release of the original album and the Kool & The Gang - Gold compilation, this one here has a really awful sound. More compressed.
Worth for the bônus mixes.
on 25 November 2013
30 years exactly since I heard this Album the first time while I was on holiday in Paris in a Hotel overlooking The Eiffel Tower. I remember I played it Repeat All the time and that was when it was on tapes.