Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 16 May 2015
HAVE ONLY HAD IT ONE WEEK so not yet put to the test fully - but so far has not disappointed. Attractive black finish and very lightweight and small so can fit easily into a roomy handbag. Good for travelling with in case extra light needed. very flexible positioning and the three brightness levels all very good. the charging cable is of sufficient length considering it is only for charging and not to be used when the light is actually switched on.

the only con is that charging takes a bit too long but maybe this is because it was the first charge and maybe subsequent charge times will be a lot shorter. all in all a very good buy at a decent price.

UPDATE - have been using for over a month now and apart from the long charging time, the only other CON is that the light starts to dim after only about 2 hours of continuous use on the high setting. But still a good buy.
on 1 November 2013
I purchased this item to use in case of winter power outages. It performs exceptionally well in each of its three brightness settings. I tested the battery charge life by disconnecting it form the power supply and running it on its lowest brightness setting. The light was still constant after nine and one half hours, when I switched it off to go to bed.

I am very pleased with the product and I am going to order another to use in conjunction with my computer (so that I can see the keyboard clearly). In the event of a power outage, my computer, monitor, router, television and microwave combination oven (all of life's essentials!) can be run from a petrol generator located in my garage.

The reason that I did not give this product five stars is that the power cable is unbelievably short, at less than 58cms on length. It should be at least three times that length in my opinion.
on 15 May 2014
I thought this was a good buy and just what I needed having not got a power point by my bed, I could charge it during the day & use it at night. Just right I thought. Great portability & light, but having had it six months, the battery power was not lasting long recently though & the light quickly grew dim. However it was still a good product - until yesterday when I happened to be in the bedroom (very fortunately) and heard a "pop" sound and then an odd smell. I didn't know what it was until I heard the electric socket crackle and quickly reached over to it and cut the power. The lamp will not work now. So although this wasn't an expensive item, it should in my opinion have lasted longer than six months. Now I have the inconvenience of being without a bedside light and will have to look for another one and spend more money! I hope the seller does the decent thing and gives me a refund. Buyer beware.
on 25 October 2013
Arrived well packed within 3 days..Seems remarkably good value for money-LED works efficiently and is rechargeable.When it was notedthat there were no instructions in English(no real problem)this was quickly rectified by e-mail. Good product , good service
on 22 October 2014
I don't quite understand the complaints about the length of cable; it's for charging it!
That's rather like saying that you can't take your mobile phone out with you because the cable on the charger is only 2 feet long!!
Why would you need instructions in order to use it? Are you from another planet?
Don't listen to them.
This is a great little lamp, and simplicity itself to operate.
on 28 February 2014
This works as promised. I love the choice of light brightness levels and the fact that it produces an adequate light, no compromise. It is highly portable and very functional. I haven't tested yet how much the battery lasts in full bright mode, however, it has lasted for several hours so far.
on 24 February 2014
that is exactly the best way to describe the desk lamp that
I bought for my husband it sits on the organ top and lights
the music up, the lamp is very flexible and has three light
settings very pleased with it overall and would recommend it
to anyone a very good buy and worth the money
on 24 March 2015
I purchased this item in October 2013 and after using it a bit for the first three months I have hardly used it. However this morning I tried to recharge it by plugging into the mains and after a few minutes I heard a popping sound and there was the pungent smell of burning from the plug. I had contemplated leaving it to recharge through the day after leaving for work but fortunately it blew up (quietly) whilst I was still at home and I immediately unplugged it . I am nervous to think what would have happened if I had left it to recharge. A piece of imported junk which in my opinion could cause a fire. Ghastly product!
on 9 January 2014
I needed a portable desk reading lamp which could work with battery power where necessary. Not only was this ugly but entirely useless. No instructions, only Chinese on the box. The electrical wires showed between the articulated plastic sections. The 2-flat-prong plug (on a very short lead) not only wouldn't fit UK sockets but wouldn't fit the alleged 'adaptor' enclosed which in turn wouldn't fit a UK socket, nor would the plug fit any other adaptor. If I could have got it plugged in, I'd have been afraid to take my eyes off it anyway. A total waste of money.
on 9 November 2013
Yes this is a very "nice lamp" and good built quality, the only thing that lets it down is the charging cable, it's way too short, but I guess they've made it that way so that you don't try running it off the main direct wall socket after charging it.

I think you could run it directly off the mains without charging it up, but I believe this would damage the bulbs in the long run and the unit itself, that's the reason for the short cable I think so that you can't bring it much higher than floor level so as to use it like a general bedside lamp powered by the main socket.

But that said, I like it very much, it's nice looking, good quality, and very bright indeed, it will light up your bedroom like a floodlight on full power!