on 1 November 2017
Mark is stranded on Mars. He has air, water, some dried rations and 12 potatoes. On Earth, no one knows he's alive - there's a memorial service and a set of memorial stamps. But Mark is an engineer and a botanist- he's an expert problem solver. Can he stay alive long enough to be rescued? I loved this book.
on 25 November 2017
I really enjoyed reading The Martian and now can't wait to watch the movie. The book reads more like an apocalyptic thriller than sci-fi but still masterfully gets across the vast emptiness and hostility one could expect from Mars. I would definitely recommend this book to all others and will definitely be reading it again in the future.
on 16 November 2017
I'm waiting to watch the film now. Absolutely fabulous read and kept mesmerized throughout. Just as you clear one problem a bigger one slaps you back.
Full of technical treats and one of my favourite reads. Excellent.
on 23 November 2017
The technical details seemed very convincing and I enjoyed reading this though it seemed to go on a chapter or so too long. Having seen the film as well I think that, with its tighter story arc, it's possibly an improvement on the book!
on 4 February 2016
Prior to reading this book, I'd never heard of it nor is it a genre that I would ever have chosen, so what made me check out the reviews, read a sample of it and then buy it I don't know! All I do know is that from the very first page until the last, I was completely and utterly gripped. A very well-deserved five stars from me for my very first sci-fi book.
on 7 January 2018
Full of science, technology and NASA procedures for any space fan, but also a strong humour and energy to make this enjoyable for everyone!
Easy to read, brilliant detail and the main character has such a fun personality. This is an uplifting book about how to push forward when things go wrong.
on 30 December 2017
Fantastic book. Saw the film a while ago in the cinema, so wasn't sure if it was worth reading the book. It definitely was as it adds so much more and it was just good to get back into the story.There are enough differences to keep it interesting, but it's so well written it's a pleasure to read anyway.
on 20 October 2017
Enjoyable ride, but the lack of a truly resolute ending (to me) was a down point.

Overall, great book. Really enjoyed my time reading it.
on 8 June 2017
Loved it! Love that Matt Damon is on the cover, really helped placing a human in space! However, the film was just as good. Probably for the first time in my reading career, the film was on par with the book.
on 30 June 2017
Fantastic read. Very funny, interesting and clever. Couldn't put it down. The film actually did a good job of it. Give it a go