Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.98

on 11 April 2014
I really enjoyed the book , good story with characters who were believable however the end was weak. the crime solved so quickly I did not notice but then key characters just faded away. I hit the end page with a shock and 're read the end convinced I had missed something but no it just lacked substance.
on 7 April 2014
This book is more gentle than the usual Nordic crime thrillers, but none the worse for it. It has a good and believable storyline with some interesting characters. Some reviews have criticised the translation but I thought it was fine. It is a pity that this is the only book by this author to be translated into English, as I would love to read more.
I rather enjoyed A Small Indiscretion although it is not what I am used to in Scandinavian crime, being very cozy and intimate if you discount the rather superfluous sex scenes. It revolves around the investigation into a hit and run murder by 2 detectives, Torsten and Augustin, and their new boss, the recently widowed Marianne but is really more the story of Marianne coming to terms with her bereavement, her new life and her husband's past indiscretions and in many ways the crime is almost incidental. I liked the intimate tone and Marianne as a person, could have done without the sex scenes which always seem out of place to me in a crime novel and thought that it was obvious that the author is new to the crime writing genre as it all seemed a bit out of focus and the emphasis in the wrong places. If you want a serious crime novel this is definitely not for you but if you want crime lite with appealing characters you may enjoy A Small Indiscretion.
on 10 April 2014
Very good story, probably well written in Swedish but it was spoiled for me by a very poor English translation Too many wrong words (ass instead of arse!) and poor grammar. Even the Americans know the difference between the uses of "to" and" from" . I would not recommend this book to anybody in this translation
on 24 March 2014
A wonderful, complex, interesting, chilling and entertaining read for fans of C. Lackberg and J. Nesbo. It's a good story with lots of very well characterised players and I found it really difficult to stop reading at night. At times, it seemed a little overloaded with detail but perhaps that's more of a translation issue. Overall, I would highly recommend it.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of this novel - until I read that it is actually her 11th novel, but the first to be translated into English. I hope it won't be the last.
on 3 July 2014
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are so well described that I almost felt I knew them. The story took a little while to get into, but that might have been because I know nothing about Sweden. Once it warmed up I followed all the clues but could not work out who the murderer was. The ending was surprising, and the author was right to keep that secret to the very end. Well recommended.
on 21 July 2014
A Sall Indiscretion started very demurely. I did not think I would be able to finish it as it was written about Swedish people and I have difficulty with Nordic names however, I rapidly became engrossed in the story line and burbled my interpretation
of the strange names. I hugely enjoyed this engrossing read. Do read it. You will be left wishing for the story to go on and on.
on 14 March 2014
I liked the main characters in the book and the plot was promising, but suddenly in the last few pages everything fell into place and seemingly out of nowhere, the crime was solved. I was disappointed.
on 4 March 2014
If you are looking for a good, easy going book to kill a rainy afternoon, this is it. The characters are believable, well painted and the plot is both, entertaining and fluid. This is not, however, the typical dark Swedish crime novel we are used to read from authors like Mankell and the like. It is, quite rightly, called Elegant crime and I think that label suits it very well. There are a couple of sex scenes not apt for the faint hearted and you are left with the feeling that this author ought to have written more using the same set of characters...we shall see whether some of her other novels get translated to English. If they are, I look forward to reading more on the adventures of Marianne Jidhoff and co!
on 6 July 2014
I liked the idea of the main character and her return to the real world, after her enforced stay at home.
Story was unpredictable enough to keep my interest. The descriptions of the intimate acts were a little too graphic for me - I do not feel there is the need for such detail in a detective tale.
Biggest no-no for me is the American English translation. I know no other English language that uses "math" instead of "maths", "co-workers" and what seemed to me idioms that did not fit in with the style of the book. Please don't misunderstand me - my wife is American, so I'm quite used to them - but it just felt uncomfortable with their use in this translation.
An ok book and not too much hard work.