on 9 December 2016
I bought this as a gift, and was surprised to find that it is in MP3 format ONLY and therefore will not play in a standard CD player which does not have MP3 reading capability.

It is described on Amazon as an Audio CD, and this restriction is not made at all clear in the product title or description
on 16 June 2014
Loved this book really looking forward to the next installment. Trudi Canavan is one of my favourite authors and this story is as good as some of her others, it comprises of two separate stories following two different main characters which I assume will come together in subsequent novels.
on 4 July 2015
This did not live up to expectations. I found it very slow with little action. Only picked up towards the end of the story. I like Trudi Canavan books and am a great fan of the Black Magician Trilogy, in my mind her best work so far but Thief's Magic did nothing for me.
on 11 March 2016
This is the third series of Trudi Canavan's that I have read and it promises to be as good as the other two. There is a certain similarity beginning to appear between stories that diminishes the excitement a little, but not enough to make me not want to read the rest!
on 24 May 2014
I enjoyed this book and read it quickly. There are however a few moments in the story where actions or decisions seem out of character or forced to progress the story line which is a little disappointing. Still it is a good book and I look forward to the next one.
on 20 August 2014
I like Trudi Cananvan's writing easy and accessible writing style. This book also flowed, but it additionally has the potential to be far more complex and mature than some her previous books and I am very much looking forward to what she follows it with
on 22 July 2016
This book has some fantastic ideas. Unfortunately it was way to drawn out. The entire book could have been told in half the pages. I have read on reviews that the next one is even more so, so I'm waiting for a deal or until I have nothing else to read.
on 20 December 2014
I really looked forward to another Trudi Canavan book having thoroughly enjoyed her other trilogies. Unfortunately, this does not come anywhere near their standards and feels more like a debut novel.

The characters were ok but lacked depth and I couldn't really develop a relationship with them. The storyline seems basic and the plot somewhat predictable; in fact, new introductions quickly became obvious in their content and the storyline almost became tedious.

I completed the book more out of determination than pleasure and was resigned not to buy any further books from this series. However, the conclusion took a twist which has the potential to be interesting - providing Trudi develops it more thoroughly. I hope so ...
on 22 May 2014
I love Trudi Canavan's other books and was really excited about this one. It didn't disappoint. Likeable characters, unguessable plot and a wonderful world(s) of magic to become engrossed in. Looking forward to the next one now...
on 26 July 2014
An alright book but very slow not in the same league as the Magicians Guild. It didn't grab me the way Trudi's other books did. As a loyal fan I would read the next installment which will hopefully be more of a gripping read.