Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£24.07

on 26 November 2013
I have been following Vivian Maier's work over the past 12 months and I have purchased all the books relating to her. This one is more specific about her self portrait. Vivian has a thing or two about photographing herself through reflection from different objects, It could be glass, mirror, water... just about anything. There are a few shadow shots too if you can call that self portraits. But I am just impressed by her style of photography so I am buying this book just to complete what other books don't offer.

It's a good buy and images were printed brilliantly if not at the highest quality.
on 12 November 2014
An absolutely brilliant book. The copies I buy have not lasted more than 2 weeks in my shelf because friends who visit live it so much I end up giving it to them and then ordering myself a replacem by copy. This I think would also make an excellent present.
on 20 January 2015
More work from this great street photographer - who remained undiscovered until after her death. This book has mostly new photographs with some I have seen previously. The book is very well printed, a smaller format than previous books but just as good.
on 21 June 2014
I just love her work, its just such a shame the vultures descended on her work and picked over it while she was still alive. You'd think if they truly respected her and her work she would of seen some of the money, they rolled in the riches while she lived out her last days in poverty. I'll always buy her books second hand so that the vultures dont see a penny of my money.
on 30 January 2016
I have gained so much inspiration from this book. The selection of photographs work so well, balanced and well presented.
on 10 August 2014
This is like an extended essay on the nature of portraiture. Fascinating variety of often intense images.
on 21 July 2015
Nice book, very well made and bound.
on 24 February 2015